1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking to buy GS3, have a few questions...

Hello android central users from a brand new member making his first post. I made this account solely to make this topic to gather some answers/knowledge before splurging on a new phone!

I'm currently a BlackBerry user (currently 9900) and have been for past 3 years. The BBs have been faithful companions, it's just they're not exactly fun and I'm looking for a larger screen.

So first off, I'm sure it does from the hundreds of thousands of available apps, does it have a password keeper app that is safe/secure and reliable? The native password keeper app BB have is a godsend to me and has saved my **** on numerous occasions.

I see quite a few articles about android's hackability and lack of security. Perhaps it's all media doom and gloom. All the basic and common sense steps to protecting yourself I know, even so any thing else I need to be aware of?
    One reason I ask is that I do a lot of e-banking with my BB.

I've read the reviews for the GS3 and am really excited, simply can't wait for it to release here in Canada to try out the real thing.

Thanks!!

Default Re: Looking to buy GS3, have a few questions...

I use mSecure for my password keeper. But there are others.

Between using an app like mSecure and having some form of phone lock combo, your data should be fairly safe.

Use common sense in the apps you load (don't maunally install apps from dodgy websites) and pay attention to the permissions that apps ask for and you will be fine.

-Suntan

Default Re: Looking to buy GS3, have a few questions...

I use with DropBox to manage password/login info between my phone and computer. Can't add/edit content from the phone but it's helpful for viewing stuff.