SGP Screen Protector

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Ultra Crystal on my DX and it's been great except for the smudges. But now I see that they have two other kinds of protectors. Anyone prefer one over the other?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Series - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones

SGP Steinheil? Ultra Crystal Film
SGP Steinheil? Ultra Crystal Film is a high quality film with a hard surface. It protects the LCD screen from scratches and features an advanced optical enhancement layer that improves viewing on LCD screens.

SGP Steinheil? Ultra Oleopobic Film
SGP Steinheil? Ultra Oleopobic Film features an oil-resistant coating that keeps it's surface clean. It protects the LCD screen from scratches and features an advanced optical enhancement layer that improves viewing on LCD screens.

SGP Steinheil? Ultra Optics Film
SGP Steinheil? Ultra Optics Film : Anti-Fingerprint, Premium Grade Optical Enhanced Screen Protector Film that feature microlens Array surface layer. Microlens Array on the surface of the matte anti-fingerprint film dramatically increase the light transmittance while offering an excellent, smooth surface texture with smudge resistant property.

Already got my cases ordered. Now I need the screen protector and extra charges and stuff and I'll be all set. Well, except for the phone to use them with!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the ultra oleophobic on my gnote and ordered it for my SGSIII, but received an email saying they had been recalled for defect but they had the ultra crystal available so I got have that one coming.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh thank god they released ultra crystals. Best protectors on the market, and I missed them terribly on my Rezound.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Only the Ultra Crystal are for sale right now. The other two say 'coming soon'.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had Ultra Crystal on my Droid X, and it has held up well. My wife got a 4s a month ago, and I got the Oleophobic version for her... I think I will get the Oleophobic for the SGS3.

Last edited:

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Props to JayGoat for finding this.
Comparison_Chart.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

Reactions: anon(77329)

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I *think* I will be OK with it not going to the edges. I prefer a "hard" screen protector as opposed to the "softer" ones, in general. If not it won't be too expensive to try the other one.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
These are definitely one of the best screen protectors but they all will degrade the image and decrease the brightness to some degree. To me, maintaining the clarity and brightness is more important than minimizing some fingerprints. It looks like the ultra oleophobic and ultra optics would be the two best overall.

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It is actually very hard for me to tell the difference between the ultra crystal on my DX and the oleophobic on the wife's 4S, I was glad to see the oleophobic was clear and did not have a matte finish.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
How does this brand compare to the Seidio brand screen protectors?

I have always bought the Seidio brand because they are hard, clear, and hold up to scratches very well.

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Sent an email asking about when the Oleophobic would be available and got this response:
Thank you for contacting Spigen.com Customer Service Department.
Hi, my name is Diana from Spigen.com.

Unfortunately, as of now, we are uncertain when the Ultra Oleophobic Screen Protector for the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be availabe since it has been delayed, yet again. I would assume that it should arrive by the end of the month, but I cannot make any guarantees at the moment. We sincerely apologize for the delay and the inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you.

Meh. Looks like I might be going with Ultra Crystal if they can't get it out before I get the phone.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It looks like they no longer have the Ultra Crystal and instead have something new called Ultra Nano Clear.

galaxy_s3_steinheil_ultra_nano_clear_main_2.jpg

SPIGEN SGP Steinheil™ Ultra Screen Protector Film is a high quality film with a hard surface. It protects the LCD screen from scratches and features an advanced optical enhancement layer that improves viewing on LCD screens. The Nano Clear is created to work with the curved screen of the Galaxy S3. The Nano Clear is thinner and more flexible to adhere to the screen of the S3. It is also cut smaller than the screen to prevent any bubbles and lifting from the edges of the screen protector.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Nano Series - GALAXY S3 - Samsung - Cell Phones

It almost looks like they might have combined the Ultra Crystal and Oleophobic?

You can still get the Ultra Crystal on Amazon.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Steinheil Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy SIII, S3 for Verizon, Sprint, Tmobile, AT&T and other Carriers [Ultra Crystal]: Electronics

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Now I am pissed. I just received the Ultra Clear product on Friday via Amazon, and it's already outdated, and I don't even have my phone yet! And the new product is the same price as the old product!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I applied my ultra crystal after getting my phone on the 21st and got a great application. After using it for a few days, I like the ultra oleophobic protectors better. I have it on my GNote and it really does help cut down on fingerprints and oils based on my experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae