Does the white version smudge in jeans?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Probably a dumb question (and possibly asked/answered before but I can't seem to find it), but I keep seeing pictures of white HTC One X's where they are getting stained by being kept in jean pockets and stuff. Like the picture below.

Any concerns with the SIII? Will determine if I go with Blue or White.

9UDI6-540x359.jpg

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's not me...just some pics I've been seeing. Want to make sure I'm not going to have to worry about it with the S3 (or I'll just get the blue one....I'm only slightly leaning towards white so it's not really a big deal either way).

I will probably go "naked" with my phone. Don't particularly care for cases.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You might want to look at the drop test videos out there before you decide to go without a case

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I think you can compare the finishes between the two phones just like finishes on car paint. The One X has no clear coat and particles get stuck to its porous surface while the "cheap looking" glossy hyperglaze finish is more like a new clear coated car. I am pretty sure it won't have the same problem the One X has.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I knew it was just a matter of time before that started happening with the One X. That finish was begging for it. I don't see that happening with the S3.

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I was also thinking about this too, does anyone know if you have the HD invisible shield will it turn blue from the jeans while applied on the white s3?

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I was also thinking about this too, does anyone know if you have the HD invisible shield will it turn blue from the jeans while applied on the white s3?

The S3 CANNOT pick up colour because of that hyper glaze finish. The One X has got a different finish that can pick up colour.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
IMO smartphones, especially todays larger top of the line models, should not be carried in pants pockets.

Considering how much dirt can accumulate inside of a pocket, unless you never fail to turn your pockets inside out, likely leave scratches all over them.

Now if they are in some type of case, that would be different.

But to go bareback? No way.

Phones cost too much these days and I cannot imagine how uncomfortable it would be to have a phone with a 4+ inch display in my front pocket.

Just asking for screen issues to me, but to each their own.

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you old man STL.....but people have been wearing jeans and phones in the front pocket of their jeans for years (as to not sit on them) anyway....all old man fears aside, phones have also been white for years...this isn't the first time. I am more worried about my pockets turning white....and um yeah, don't call it cheap plastic. Say it feels flimsy (like the S3 or that it is flexible) but nothing about the back of it is known to bread or warp and that is the difference between cheap and thin.

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So if you're a man and don't have a murse, satchel (lol) or a fanny pack, where are you supposed to carry the phone???

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
So if you're a man and don't have a murse, satchel (lol) or a fanny pack, where are you supposed to carry the phone???

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

We could go back to the late 90-early 2000's look? Just check out that sexy pda Leather holster with easy top access!

serious-cell-phone-belt.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21