Touchwiz Lock Screen

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
For thos of you that have gotten hold on the GSIII, does the lock screen allow you to display previews of emails like the iOS and Sense 4.0. I seen a couple of review of the phone and the software but this has not been mentioned. I get tons of emails daily and I want to know if I would have to unock the phone to see who am I getting emails from. Thanks!

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
For thos of you that have gotten hold on the GSIII, does the lock screen allow you to display previews of emails like the iOS and Sense 4.0. I seen a couple of review of the phone and the software but this has not been mentioned. I get tons of emails daily and I want to know if I would have to unock the phone to see who am I getting emails from. Thanks!

I haven't seen that you can using Touch Wiz and I've had mine for nearly 2 weeks now. It's probably possible somehow using another launcher or app etc but I haven't bothered.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of lockscreens, how are the buttons on the GS3? Do they get accidentally pressed in your pocket at all?

I haven't used a lockscreen on my Droid3 since I got it as the buttons are small and it is unlikely to come on by accident. I'd prefer to not use a lockscreen at all.

-Suntan

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of lockscreens, how are the buttons on the GS3? Do they get accidentally pressed in your pocket at all?

I haven't used a lockscreen on my Droid3 since I got it as the buttons are small and it is unlikely to come on by accident. I'd prefer to not use a lockscreen at all.

-Suntan

I've personally never accidentally pressed the buttons in my pocket, but the home button is quite big so could understand if it's happened to other people.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I thought the whole purpose of a lock screen is to keep people out of your sensitive info on your phone like email. Someone having access to your email defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me for my ignorance, but I thought the whole purpose of a lock screen is to keep people out of your sensitive info on your phone like email. Someone having access to your email defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

No necessarily. The way that is done is sense 4.0 and iOS you can only see the name of the sender and the title of the email. In order to see the email, I have to enter my password (mostly because of exchange). It is a pain to have to unlock the phone to see who send you an email and why when you get +150 emails a day for work and other things. I personally like the feature. Also, could you see your next calendar appointments?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS has that without jailbreaking? Was unaware, I have it on my jailbroken Ipad 2. I would also like a preview of my email in my lockscreen. A preview of all notifications really.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
iOS has that without jailbreaking? Was unaware, I have it on my jailbroken Ipad 2. I would also like a preview of my email in my lockscreen. A preview of all notifications really.

Exactly that's what I am looking for but I am fine with just preview of email and calendar. FYI iOS 5.0 can do that without jailbreaking.

I guess Touchwiz Nature UI does not? Anyone?