Want to kick Apple in the A@$...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
These OOHS and AHHS are coming from consumers who aren't "tech-savy" They dont know what Android has/had forever because they had iphones forever, android scares them, and thats that. Which is why when their phone releases features it didn't have before to them it is seen as "new"

Here's the thing.

Gingerbread to ICS, OEM "skins" - one of their main goals is to make Android less scary to regular consumers.

You shouldn't need to be tech savvy to own a smartphone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

fourthchirpin

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
whats funny is Apple stock has been outperforming Google for quiet some time. Apple definitely has a following. Love the company but their products are over-rated.

WilburNJ

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never understood the rather childish bashing of Apple products by Android users. You guys need to grow up and move out of your parents basements. :)

First of all, Apple has probably produced the highest number of products and feature sets that have been copied by other companies, in any industry except maybe pharma. Either all of you Apple bashers are utterly ignorant of business history or just too blinded by irrationality to discuss this intelligently.

I'm both an Android handset owner and an iPhone owner. I have had an iPhone for a long time and have had an Android phone for a few months. I've also had a blackberry for years. None of these platforms are perfect and all of them have trade-offs. People choose the best product to match each person's needs and wants as best as possible, based on a myriad of factors. So, why must people who choose a particular platform be ridiculed as lemmings, etc.? All this attacking of iPhone users actually speaks volumes about the attackers' character and intellect and actually almost nothing about the people you attack. Maybe it's the same in iPhone forums, but i wouldn't know. In all the years I had iPhones, I've never had a reason to seek out info on those devices from forums. Hmmmm, maybe that tells you something....

By the way, I plan on buying the S3 as soon as it becomes available on Verizon -- at the full, no contract price. That's how much I think I'll like this device. When the iPhone 5 comes out, I'll probably do the same because it will probably offer something I like that the S3 has missing (even if it's just something as simple as a better form factor for different circumstances). I'm not going to ridicule S3 owners because of it, just like I didn't ridicule iPhone users because I went with an android device recently. What's the point?

Reactions: ImSpartacus and Ry

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've never understood the rather childish bashing of Apple products by Android users. You guys need to grow up and move out of your parents basements. :)

First of all, Apple has probably produced the highest number of products and feature sets that have been copied by other companies, in any industry except maybe pharma. Either all of you Apple bashers are utterly ignorant of business history or just too blinded by irrationality to discuss this intelligently.

I'm both an Android handset owner and an iPhone owner. I have had an iPhone for a long time and have had an Android phone for a few months. I've also had a blackberry for years. None of these platforms are perfect and all of them have trade-offs. People choose the best product to match each person's needs and wants as best as possible, based on a myriad of factors. So, why must people who choose a particular platform be ridiculed as lemmings, etc.? All this attacking of iPhone users actually speaks volumes about the attackers' character and intellect and actually almost nothing about the people you attack. Maybe it's the same in iPhone forums, but i wouldn't know. In all the years I had iPhones, I've never had a reason to seek out info on those devices from forums. Hmmmm, maybe that tells you something....

By the way, I plan on buying the S3 as soon as it becomes available on Verizon -- at the full, no contract price. That's how much I think I'll like this device. When the iPhone 5 comes out, I'll probably do the same because it will probably offer something I like that the S3 has missing (even if it's just something as simple as a better form factor for different circumstances). I'm not going to ridicule S3 owners because of it, just like I didn't ridicule iPhone users because I went with an android device recently. What's the point?

It's people's right to have a discussion. Relax. And if you don't get it, think about how Apple stole the idea for the Mac from Xerox. Apple wouldn't exist anymore if it weren't for stealing tech. I could care less if lots of their ideas are stolen, since they should have been non existent for over 2 decades.

I'm glad they survived cause they used to be innovative. But now I hate them because of their business model and lack of ethics. Sorry you disagree and get upset about it, but that's my feelings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
LegalAmerican said:
But now I hate them because of their business model and lack of ethics. Sorry you disagree and get upset about it, but that's my feelings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Got some news for you... Apple isn't the only company lacking some ethics. I suggest you "google it" (hint hint) to find out who that might be.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Eric Schmidt was on Apple's Board of Directors when the Iphone was being developed. A year after Iphone was introduced, Android debuted on the G1. There was a serious conflict of interest. Based on all accounts, he did not disclose this conflict of interest.

As a board member, Schmidt was privy to basically everything that was going on at Apple. And in fact, he had a duty to stay informed with all aspects of Apple's business. But he had a larger duty to disclose the obvious conflict of interest. He did not. Was it illegal? No but by all standards of business, it was highly unethical.

If one wants to use ethics in corporate governance as a standard by which to make a phone purchase decision, neither Apple nor Android is probably a good choice.

Reactions: Ry

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I used to be a big time iPhone Guy but the last iphone I got excited about was the iPhone 4 when it came out then last June I was hoping for another iphone and was let down becouse they didn't anounce anything then when they showed the 4s in the fall I was majorly let down I couldn't believe that it was over a year and the phone looked identical sure the insides where decent upgrades but I wanted a bigger screen well about 3 months ago I decided to try android out got a Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket and I will never look back android has so many little things that it does that I could not do on my iPhone I'm done with apple for now then after they showed ios 6 that just reaffirms my choice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The reason I bring it up is because I'm so pissed off at what apple has been doing with the ITC injunctions etc.. concerning the One X and the S III.

Apple sues and claims they innovated all of these features that have been around way longer then the iPhone.

It kills me that the Apple fanboys can't see it and Apple keeps getting away with it.

..Gromet

I think it is a perfectly appropriate venue for us to vent. Especially after Apple threatens to try and ban the SGSIII. I can agree with 20 blks and see why ignoring them all together may be a good idea, but if you do want to vent-perfect place for it...

So complain about that. The OP doesn't mention lawsuits once. Not one single word about it. That's a worthy complaint, and one of the reasons I don't like the company. The OP simply insults iOS users and hates on a very good, competitive OS. It may not be people's first choice here, it's not mine either. Doesn't mean it, it's users, it's hardware, etc are terrible things to rage about. The company behind it can have some legitimate hate thrown it's way in my opinion, but that wasn't mentioned once till your responses. Don't say that was the intention of this thread. It was simply a childish complaint thread. There may be a spot in the AC forums for such a thing, but a complaint thread about iOS doesn't belong in the SGS3 forum. I don't see how that could be more self explanatory.

Reactions: Ry

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Only android fans hate on apple users. So odd. You people are downright vicious & mean for no reason. Both platforms have their good & bad. Big effin deal, get over it & move on. I bet most of you ing are only jumping on the bandwagon & don't currently use an iOS device.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You can do more with Android but iOS is simpler. That makes them both wonderful and crap in different ways.

I like my Android because I'm a tinkerer and like to suck as much functionality out of my stuff as I can. I wish I got my mom an iPhone because I hate being her IT guy.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Only android fans hate on apple users. So odd. You people are downright vicious & mean for no reason. Both platforms have their good & bad. Big effin deal, get over it & move on. I bet most of you ing are only jumping on the bandwagon & don't currently use an iOS device.

I can respect a good OS, and the competition between Android and iOS has resulted in some pretty clever things lately. However, the anti-Apple backlash is essentially a display of Newton's 3rd Law: The harder they push, the harder we push back.

Yes, both systems have good and bad. But we constantly we see Apple fanbois acting like iOS was created and designed by God himself (see here, for example: Apple iOS 6 features top Android again), completely oblivious to the fact that every single one of the main new features in the last two iOS versions (namely, 4 and 5) are just now catching up to features that were in Android years ago. And so we simply call them out on it. Many of those fanbois have been bashing Android users for years while claiming that Android is stolen from iOS. And now that we see the tables have turned we now see many of these same fanbois do a complete 180 and then claim we're jerks for doing what they've been doing for years. Hypocrisy much?

At this point in the conversation they usually throw out some argument/point/feature as to why iOS was ahead of its game 5 years ago, but they often fail at being able to state why it's features are still ahead TODAY. As seen in the "disappointing" reviews from Apple blogs all over the web this past week, it is clear that Apple is failing to adapt and improve. This point is even more clearly seen when comparing the look and functionality of its UI 5 years ago vs today (hint, it hasn't changed much).

Yes, iOS wins in some areas. And they currently dominate the tablet arena (I would argue that it's more because of iPad specific 3rd-party apps -which are often gorgeous, btw - than their hardware, however). But their "walled garden" style is a double-edged sword.

- iPod Touch and iPad 3 user

Last edited:

poopie35

May 24, 2012
Visit site
The reason I bring it up is because I'm so pissed off at what apple has been doing with the ITC injunctions etc.. concerning the One X and the S III.

Apple sues and claims they innovated all of these features that have been around way longer then the iPhone.

It kills me that the Apple fanboys can't see it and Apple keeps getting away with it.

..Gromet

I have the Asus Prime as well and received the ota update but can't find the face unlock

nlocurto

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to SETTINGS > SECURITY > SCREEN LOCK and choose face unlock. It will then walk you through the process of setting it up.

..Gromet

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I can respect a good OS, and the competition between Android and iOS has resulted in some pretty clever things lately. However, the anti-Apple backlash is essentially a display of Newton's 3rd Law: The harder they push, the harder we push back.

Yes, both systems have good and bad. But we constantly we see Apple fanbois acting like iOS was created and designed by God himself (see here, for example: Apple iOS 6 features top Android again), completely oblivious to the fact that every single one of the main new features in the last two iOS versions (namely, 4 and 5) are just now catching up to features that were in Android years ago. And so we simply call them out on it. Many of those fanbois have been bashing Android users for years while claiming that Android is stolen from iOS. And now that we see the tables have turned we now see many of these same fanbois do a complete 180 and then claim we're jerks for doing what they've been doing for years. Hypocrisy much?

At this point in the conversation they usually throw out some argument/point/feature as to why iOS was ahead of its game 5 years ago, but they often fail at being able to state why it's features are still ahead TODAY. As seen in the "disappointing" reviews from Apple blogs all over the web this past week, it is clear that Apple is failing to adapt and improve. This point is even more clearly seen when comparing the look and functionality of its UI 5 years ago vs today (hint, it hasn't changed much).

Yes, iOS wins in some areas. And they currently dominate the tablet arena (I would argue that it's more because of iPad specific 3rd-party apps -which are often gorgeous, btw - than their hardware, however). But their "walled garden" style is a double-edged sword.

- iPod Touch and iPad 3 user

Eh, whatever. Nothing was stolen from anywhere. It's like saying no other car but ford can have a door handle. I don't care either way. The kind of talk in here is not the same as in an apple forum. Same for any comment threads on apple news articles. Android fanboys are much more 13 yr old like at bashing their competitors. I'm a fan & user of both, so I won't insult myself.

Mharka13

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Those iphone owners that think apple is the superior product remains to be the most uneducated when it comes to electronics. Ooooh and aahhh on something that has been for a while. LOL. God forbid apple comes up with the pen on iphone those dumbass apple lawyers would sue samsung again coz apple thought they innovated the pen. Jesus. All apple does is sue sue sue. Typical.
This is coming from an ex iphone user for years. iphone. My next phone is the note. Hah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums