Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Question Want to kick Apple in the A@$...

Just finished watching the WWDC Keynote video...

Is Apple kidding??? In my opinion they really have lost the ability to innovate. It seems to me all Apple does well anymore is steal. they have been doing it for years, but it seems that's all they do anymore.

They keep putting out these small incremental updates of a stale OS.

Features I found noteworthy from the Keynote:

• Do Not Dusturb
    • Remind Me
    • Facetime over 4G
    • Offline Web Pages
    • Shared Photo Stream
    • The ability to insert photos into e-mail contect.
    • Per Account Signatures
    • MAPS
    • Facebook Integration

ARE YOU KIDDING???

Is there one feature in that list that is not available on Android?

What kills me is reading the Apple forums or watching the people in the crowd, They OHHH and AHHH over this like it is some amazing never before seen thing.

..Gromet
    Last edited by Grometnj; 06-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Current Android Devices:
    HTC One X (Gray, AT&T) *ROOTED & UNLOCKED*
    ASUS Transformer Prime (Gray, 64GB)
    LazrRocketArm likes this.

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Default Re: Want to kick Apple in the A@$...

Yeah, it's pathetic. I have a suggestion for a potential remedy. Maybe the rest of us should just ignore it. Don't bring attention to it. Let's act like they don't even exist.

and that my friends is why they are called....

- sheep
    - i-slaves
    - i-dummies
    - etc.

I like the word 'lemmings'...
    Dragon1473 likes this.

The only reason why I care about iOS 6 is because I have an iPad (which i barely use) but this isn't even an update! It's more like iOS 5.2
    Tkbredx, equishd and RisaChan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_SNaCKY View Post
    I like the word 'lemmings'...
    I like that one!! lol! I will add that to my arsenal!

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

I don't really see the need to bring it up here though. Starting a thread insulting the intelligence of a group not present to defend themselves is rather low imho. I hate apple as a company as much as anybody (even if I like the products), but I see no need to start a thread in the SGS3 forums about it.
    Thanked by 4:
    dancing-bass, cdemot02 and jneusch like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by E_man View Post
    I don't really see the need to bring it up here though. Starting a thread insulting the intelligence of a group not present to defend themselves is rather low imho. I hate apple as a company as much as anybody (even if I like the products), but I see no need to start a thread in the SGS3 forums about it.
    The reason I bring it up is because I'm so pissed off at what apple has been doing with the ITC injunctions etc.. concerning the One X and the S III.

Apple sues and claims they innovated all of these features that have been around way longer then the iPhone.

It kills me that the Apple fanboys can't see it and Apple keeps getting away with it.

..Gromet
    Current Android Devices:
    Thanked by:
    poopie35 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by E_man View Post
    I think it is a perfectly appropriate venue for us to vent. Especially after Apple threatens to try and ban the SGSIII. I can agree with 20 blks and see why ignoring them all together may be a good idea, but if you do want to vent-perfect place for it...
    Thanked by:
    coronaboy10 and BostonBeats88 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    The only reason why I care about iOS 6 is because I have an iPad (which i barely use) but this isn't even an update! It's more like iOS 5.2
    That would seem more appropriate, not that I really care but am confused as to why they are labeling this as iOS 6 when it really is just a minor update bringing the phone inline with what all other companies already offer.

My opinion is Apple knows that people hearing iOS 6 sounds bigger and better than 5.2...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
    That would seem more appropriate, not that I really care but am confused as to why they are labeling this as iOS 6 when it really is just a minor update bringing the phone inline with what all other companies already offer.

My opinion is Apple knows that people hearing iOS 6 sounds bigger and better than 5.2...
    Always remember that Apple is first and foremost a marketing company. They may only pimp their own products, but over the last decade they have defined themselves more by their advertising than their actual products. I would consider them a Hardware company second and a software company third, although a litigious cry baby has been moving up the charts .
    tazman69 likes this.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

The hate should be directed at the mindless blogs and media which all go crazy about any Apple news. You see headlines which claim iOS 6 is so much better than Android, how its the greatest OS in the world and such a huge upgrade, and that's what people believe.

I just don't understand how Apple gets so much free publicity. Sites like Engadget, Gizmodo, Bgr are so biased and pro Apple its hard to believe.

I used to like them when they were very innovative and leading the market. They are still leading the market, but i sometimes get disappointed when I read news about their stupid lawsuits.
    -Motorola Droid X -> Samsung Galaxy S2 -> Samsung Galaxy S3

I know it can be frustrating to watch the Apple zealots drool over the "new" iOS features that we on Android have enjoyed since before Froyo, but take heart: Judging by the recent market share reports over the last year or so, a whole buncha people are flocking away from iOS and embracing Android. And as Apple continues to steal old features instead of invent new concepts/ideas, that trend will only grow further.

While some are a lost cause (looking at you, BGR.com), millions of the lemmings have already awoken and made the switch

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

CNET is really turning into an apple fan site but heres a comparison of the iOS6 features to Android/TW specifically and WP7.5

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

These OOHS and AHHS are coming from consumers who aren't "tech-savy" They dont know what Android has/had forever because they had iphones forever, android scares them, and thats that. Which is why when their phone releases features it didn't have before to them it is seen as "new"

Myself... I am glad Apple is in the smartphone business.... do any of you think the GS3 would be the phone it is today without Apple being in the mix?

I think not.....
    Thanked by:
    professorjay and E_man like this.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Myself... I am glad Apple is in the smartphone business.... do any of you think the GS3 would be the phone it is today without Apple being in the mix?

I think not.....
    In the name of competition, I'd say no because they wouldn't have to try so hard. But damn Apple is failing at impressing anyone but general consumers who don't know jack about phone tech, excuse my french.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post

I think not.....
    Couldn't agree more. It's like the PC. Would pc's be what they are today and be as easy to use were it not for the Macintosh?

Apple, or maybe Steve Jobs, is great at packaging and marketing technology in a way that is accessible to the masses. The whole point is you don't have to be tech-savy. From my 7 year old son to my 70 yr old father, Apple makes this technology easily accessible. I personally have used android since the very first G1 was introduced because of its integration with Google. And I certainly don't think using Android signifies a higher level of intelligence or is some badge of honor.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

They do more than steal. They also sue. They sue like no ones business....

They steal then sue the people who they stole the idea from......very lame!
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valleng View Post
    These OOHS and AHHS are coming from consumers who aren't "tech-savy" They dont know what Android has/had forever because they had iphones forever, android scares them, and thats that. Which is why when their phone releases features it didn't have before to them it is seen as "new"
    Here's the thing.

Gingerbread to ICS, OEM "skins" - one of their main goals is to make Android less scary to regular consumers.

You shouldn't need to be tech savvy to own a smartphone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Jowlah likes this.

whats funny is Apple stock has been outperforming Google for quiet some time. Apple definitely has a following. Love the company but their products are over-rated.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    You shouldn't need to be tech savvy to own a smartphone.
    You don't you can always buy an iPhone.

..Gromet
    Current Android Devices:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grometnj View Post
    You don't you can always buy an iPhone.

..Gromet
    Cool story, bro.