Can someone answer a screen question for me?

boz1228

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I have owned all versions of the iPhone and the S3 will be my first android device. I have been watching countless videos on YouTube and have a question. Is the screen of the S3 possessing almost a blueish or grayish tint? It seems like the screens of the iPhone, One X, etc appear much whiter and brighter in the videos I have seen. Is that accurate? Perhaps this is due to the amoled screen. Any thoughts or opinions on this would be great.
Thank you!

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Amoled does not produce whites as well as an lcd display. So yes that is right. I personally like the deeper blacks and higher saturation of the samoled displays but the display one the one x is probably the best overall display on a phone at the moment.

Just wanted to add that it the color difference on white is a lot less noticeable when you don't have both phones side by side comparing.

Reactions: jroc

Geikamir

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S1). The screen technology, resolution, and pixel density of the S3 are all superior to what I have now. I don't think I have ever looked at my screen and thought the whites look blueish.

In actual use you won't notice it at all unless you convince yourself to. You will, however, be amazed in how dark the blacks get. That I marvel at all the time still.

Reactions: jroc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1