Skinomi TechSkin's incorrect battery cover hole?

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I just received my order of the Skinomi Clear TechSkin and it appear that the battery door portion has an extra pin hole cutout above the LED cutout. It looks like they thought a 3rd microphone went there or something.

As you can see from the official Samsung VZW photos, there isn't a hole pin hole above the LED. However, if you look at really early not-so-official photos you can clearly see that there is one. Looks like Samsung either changed their design slighty and screwed over some companies or someone photoshopped this and Skinomi fell for it.

Not a huge deal but thought I would warn everyone. And yes, pics or it didn't happen. But get your glasses out. These aren't easy to see.

h3bnE.jpg

YHJkc.jpg

yyGzO.jpg

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I think that hole was for the noise canceling Mic, and Sammy moved the location to the top of the phone in production.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I thought it was a defect in my skin. Not a big deal but I wonder if they'll fix/replace it. Skinomi is a great product.

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
They will. Just email them with a picture of the skin and your actual phone showing the difference. I'm on Verizon so I can't start the process until it gets here.

Reactions: jjb70

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams