Which kind of Flip Cover Case is Better

pbaser

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I just pre-ordered my galaxy s3, and I would like to get a Flip case that can cover both the back and the front. I'm looking at the KaysCase brand right now. They have two styles. One opens from up to down, and the other opens from left to right. Which one is better? Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Amazon.com: KaysCase Flipper Snap-on Leather Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII, Retail Packaging (White): Electronics

415KRkv9swL._AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: KaysCase Book Snap-on Leather Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII (Black): Electronics

51AFRJLER9L._AA300_.jpg

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Imo the side open is a better choice .... My buddy uses a flip case / wallet combo for his iPhone and he seems to navigate it pretty well. However the iPhone is a smaller phone.

pbaser

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the comments! I like the side open one, because it looks more elegant. However, when you take a call, it seems that you will always need two hands to get it open and then fold it to the back, while for the other one, you can just let the cover drop down.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if your a guy or a girl, BUT you did use the word elegant. Either way there is nothing elegant about a huge piece of white leather hanging and swinging from the bottom of your face. ;-)
I'm sure you would be able to get used to a good one hand sideways flip.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in one of these type myself, but I'm gonna wait to get the phone first ... I really like the wallet / phone concept. I just want to see what the actual size of the phone is.
I saw the Samsung model that replaces the backplate and covers the screen, however that type offers no drop protection.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
these seem like they'd be a PITA when you want to take pics.

a few questions...
..have you used something like this before?
do you take many pics?
is the flip part in the way at all?

:confused: seems like it would be cumbersome to me.

don't get me wrong...I think they look cool elegant ;) but i'm just not sure their function isnt compromised by form...:-\

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
If you watch a lot of videos the side to side would be better as you can use it as a stand in landscape.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
these seem like they'd be a PITA when you want to take pics.

a few questions...
..have you used something like this before?
do you take many pics?
is the flip part in the way at all?

:confused: seems like it would be cumbersome to me.

don't get me wrong...I think they look cool elegant ;) but i'm just not sure their function isnt compromised by form...:-\

When taking pics you would have to let the side hang down.

It certainly is more cumbersome, but I can and have seen how it can be useful to someones life. ( again on a smaller iPhone )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol