High Quality Screen Protector?

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
According to ZAGG: their HD invisible shield feels like glass. I was just wondering if its super slick that it wouldn't turn blue if i put it in my jeans. I want a really good screen protector on my Galaxy S3 that won't turn blue and is relatively cheap.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
According to ZAGG: their HD invisible shield feels like glass. I was just wondering if its super slick that it wouldn't turn blue if i put it in my jeans. I want a really good screen protector on my Galaxy S3 that won't turn blue and is relatively cheap.

Yea tried it, I was wiping off grease all the time from the screen protector. I like the xtremeguard screen protector. I have it on my one x, that is soon going back, but the screen protector works well when it comes to smudges and grease.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Steinheil's:

https://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/s...axy-s3-screen-protector-steinheil-series.html

Best protector you will ever buy, hands down. There is another thread on here somewhere in which almost everyone is raving about them. They are tough, completely invisible, and feel almost exactly like the phone's naked glass.

I just bought the Steinheil for the first time for my S3. I have used other cheaper ones from Amazon like Great Shield, RealLook and Skinomi that were good BUT they always seem to get after awhile these deep line grooves that turn different colors like a very thin barber shop light post. Really messes with the picture quality when you are watching the screen for prolonged periods of time. I wonder if this is common with the clear plastic screen protectors including Steinheil??

Last edited:

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Steinheil for the first time for my S3. I have used other cheaper ones from Amazon like Great Shield, RealLook and Skinomi that were good BUT they always seem to get after awhile these deep line grooves that turn different colors like a very thin barber shop light post. Really messes with the picture quality when you are watching the screen for prolonged periods of time. I wonder if this is common with the clear plastic screen protectors including Steinheil??

No coloring distress issues on the Steinheil on my current phone that has been beat to hell over the past 16 months :)

I'm starting to sound like a Steinheil fanboi in these forums, but I had tried many different types and spent a lot of time myself reading literally thousands of posts in discussions on phone forums finding out which protector people liked best. Steinheil seemed to always have the best results according to users, so I made the jump last year and never regretted it. And I'm just passing along what I experienced/learned for the hopeful benefit of others.

To anyone else on the fence, it's only 13 bucks with free shipping form their ebay store and that gets you two covers. You'll spend more than that on lunch this week so just go for it :)

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Steineil screen protector from Amazon for 13.99 with free shipping.

Yea, I think it's the same price on Amazon as it is on ebay.

Congrats on your purchase :) Just remember to go into the bathroom and turn on the shower for a few minutes without the fan on so that the steam traps the dust, then apply the protector in there for a dust-free experience :D

Reactions: DianeR

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
No coloring distress issues on the Steinheil on my current phone that has been beat to hell over the past 16 months :)

I'm starting to sound like a Steinheil fanboi in these forums, but I had tried many different types and spent a lot of time myself reading literally thousands of posts in discussions on phone forums finding out which protector people liked best. Steinheil seemed to always have the best results according to users, so I made the jump last year and never regretted it. And I'm just passing along what I experienced/learned for the hopeful benefit of others.

To anyone else on the fence, it's only 13 bucks with free shipping form their ebay store and that gets you two covers. You'll spend more than that on lunch this week so just go for it :)

do yo have the link to their ebay store? i know of the amazon one, but didn't realize they had an ebay store or that you got 2 pieces from that store!

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I think it's the same price on Amazon as it is on ebay.

Congrats on your purchase :) Just remember to go into the bathroom and turn on the shower for a few minutes without the fan on so that the steam traps the dust, then apply the protector in there for a dust-free experience :D

I had never heard of this brand before, but based on the reading I did on this forum late last week I ordered it, and yes, I remember reading about putting it on the phone in the bathroom with the shower running and fan off. Thanks for the advice!

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
SGP all the way! The only downfall is the protector doesn't cover the whole screen, they leave a gap around the edges due to the screen design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech