Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 very hot in more ways than one!

Default Re: Galaxy S3 very hot in more ways than one!

Just put a otterbox over it and drive on.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    I know you can't hear my laughter, but I'm cracking up right now after reading your comment!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

wtf

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Us G-Men fans have the worst sense of humor, lol...
    Rolling with Sprint since 3/99...

o m g

Dam!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

That is the quad core...I hope...the S4 will not even melt butter according to Qualcomm lol!
    wingchun108tek likes this.

Uh details please? Has this been verified anywhere? If so -- i suspect recalls or even stop shipment which would cause even more delays.

I mean, this could have just been someone taking a lighter to it for all we know.

Dam!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well, it's not completely unheard of. There have been quite a few news stories about phones exploding or catching on fire over the years. Google "Cell Phone Catches fire" and you get quite a few news stories.

As long as it doesn't become an epidemic of exploding GSIII's, we probably don't have anything to worry about.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    That is the quad core...I hope...the S4 will not even melt butter according to Qualcomm lol!
    Ye, it is the quad core model. IT was also in a car holster, which I didn't think are released yet? Even if it is legit it is one phone and that doesn't make me worry for a moment. If these issues start popping up in numbers then I will be a little more worried.

Well, if it happens to me, I hope I get enough injury to sue Samsung for good money, but not enough injury to alter my life.

Then I'm good.

They probably tried to use their old style MHL adaptor....

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk
    planoman and MattSchollz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post
    They probably tried to use their old style MHL adaptor....

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk
    Actually I don't think you're too far off here. The guy said it happened while plugged into his car dock. Do we know what kind of car dock he was using?

Was it a decent/official one, or did he grab it for $0.88 off some Chinese ebay store and is now surprised that said 88 cent dock blew up his phone?

Reguardless it was a freak incident, hell wasn't there a story about someone's iPhone that caught fire on an airplane? chances are It could have been a defective phone. Even though the GS3 is like a god phone that doesnt mean its inmune from defects.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Holy crap! I would be soooo pissed if that happened to my new toy

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!
    Thanked by:
    tohio likes this.

Not much backstory on this and alot of possibly user-error variables (assuming it actually did "catch on fire by itself")... im not worried much

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
    Actually I don't think you're too far off here. The guy said it happened while plugged into his car dock. Do we know what kind of car dock he was using?

Was it a decent/official one, or did he grab it for $0.88 off some Chinese ebay store and is now surprised that said 88 cent dock blew up his phone?
    Id be willing to bet it was a cheap knockoff and it fried the phone. I had a Moto get fried a fewears back because of one of the cheapo Chinese chargers from ebay.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I heard that Apple has a new lawsuit over this. Apparently they had the first product to blow up while plugged in ( ipod nano ).
    Apple will only settle the suit if we change the name Jesus to Jobs.
    Thanked by 2:
    knightfall likes this.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Let me just say this, my significant other investigates insurance fraud. There are times when I help out when the load is heavy. I've seen a lot photos, the average person would look at a photo and not scrutinize it. Looking at those photos of a supposedly faulty phone, it is very clear to me the flame originated from the outside. You'd be surprised how many people have tried to pull crap like this.I will tell ya this, whom ever this person is, if they decide to run with this, he/she will have the hammer dropped down on them.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I'd be super sad if that happened to me. But if it wasnt my fault I would be the happiest man in the world. I would sue the hell out of Samsung and then buy another GS3 lol

Samsung knows about the "Hot" Galaxy S3 and made a statement about it on their blog

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I agree that we do not have all the facts and that it is probably isolated due to the carelessness of the owner or deliberate damage to hurt GS3 sales. I am no fanboy as this is my first Android device. My pebble blue should arrive before 3PM CST today and we will see just how the phone really is. I am still thinking AWESOMENESS!!!

I heard that Apple has a new lawsuit over this. Apparently they had the first product to blow up while plugged in ( ipod nano ).
    Apple will only settle the suit if we change the name Jesus to Jobs.
    So lame you have nothing better to talk about.

Anyway, kinda funny after the android fanboys got all up in arms with heatgate on the iPad, which really wasn't an issue anyway.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast