prblems with my galaxy s3 screen!!

ivo39

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello,I am on the verge of freekin out.I have just bought a galaxy s3,still getting used to it.The problem is when I leave it idle the screen goes off,that's normal.But when I press the side power button and swipe the screen to come back on,it dosent or I can't dee it.I can hear the water drop sound but can't see anything.Please can someone help!

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i'm so sorry, that sounds like a big bug. you might have to return it :[
try to go to settings and restore it to factory default and see if that helps.
if it doesn't, hopefully an ota update will help

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Take it back to where you bought it. Either it's pooched or you're doing something wrong. One way or the other, they'll help you. I don't have my S3 yet, so that's all I can tell you, sorry.

ivo39

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I hope I don't have to take it back,I take off the back and battery then it starts up ok.it is probably something I am doing wrong in the settings.I am new to Samsung previously having Nokia and HTC.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Does it happen every time, or just occasionally?

Are there specific actions that you take that either do, or do not, cause it to happen?

ivo39

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
It happens if I leave my phone idle for half an hour or more,it doesn't happen when the screen goes off after say 5 mins,it works fine then.its only when I leave it for a while.so frustrating,great phone other than that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep sounds like a wake bug there or hardware issue... I would go with possible hardware issue at this point and just get the device replaced....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress