Is your US Galaxy S3 made in China or Made in Korea?

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
if it was bought in the u.s. then it was made in china..... the u.s. only sells peoducts if they are made in china.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised when I saw the box says China. So much for Samsung being the respectable company paying the higher Korean wages.

NBD, sure I will like the phone anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My Droid Charge was made in Korea, and Samsung isn't a customer of Foxconn. I thought they stopped making Galaxy Nexus'es in the Korea plant so they could make SGS3's there, but apparently they're making those in China as well now?

Wonder what the Korean plant is even for then...

Scooter_In_MN

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My Droid Charge was made in Korea, and Samsung isn't a customer of Foxconn. I thought they stopped making Galaxy Nexus'es in the Korea plant so they could make SGS3's there, but apparently they're making those in China as well now?

Wonder what the Korean plant is even for then...

Have been there several times. Solar and LCD manufacturing, and lots of R&D labs. Not a lot else there but there was LOTS of security! I had an easier time getting into the CDC in Atlanta than this place!

Koby Godson

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I have samsung galaxy s3 mini and it was made in korea and assemble then I was facing some difficulties on it so I did factory/resert and now when I switched on the phone the logo doesnt appear as samsung anymore but medietek android and cannot make any call and whenever I tried it says connection problem or invalid MMI code, pls can anyway help me know what that means??

Fouad Ouaad

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago, I purchased a new S3 from Target. Much to my surprise, when I uncovered the battery, the label stated that my unit was made in "China." To me, if it is made in China, it can be a clone. I so want to take it back to Target.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have samsung galaxy s3 mini and it was made in korea and assemble then I was facing some difficulties on it so I did factory/resert and now when I switched on the phone the logo doesnt appear as samsung anymore but medietek android and cannot make any call and whenever I tried it says connection problem or invalid MMI code, pls can anyway help me know what that means??

Koby, few people are going to see your question buried in a thread on a completely different topic. I suggest you repost it in the Galaxy Mini forum: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
yes, my galaxy s3 is korea made and my problem now is it is no more display it purely white now. how can i fix it?

Get a new LCD display or a new phone. The white color reproduction on the GS3 was never really good to begin with. Mine got worse over time. The GS3 was a solid phone in many respects but its build quality and how quickly it deteriorated over time has really soured me on Samsung phones/tablets.

OP: I'll check on mine when I get home. Just wondering why you want to know?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OP: I'll check on mine when I get home. Just wondering why you want to know?
You do realize the original post was from two years ago?
There was some suspicion at the time that there was different build quality depending on where the phone was manufactured. I don't think anyone (other than Samsung perhaps) has gathered any conclusive data on whether there's a noticeable difference in build quality/workmanship/parts longevity between the two countries.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781