Earpiece, speakerphone volume and clarity

DubM

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the title says, those of you who already have the Galaxy S3, if you could please comment on the volume and clarity of the earpiece and speakerphone (it is a phone first after all). I know we get caught up with everything else a smartphone has to offer and the basics aren't reviewed sometimes.

I had the EVO LTE and I was not happy with the earpiece volume and the speakerphone volume wasn't that loud either and sounded really tinny/distorted (earpiece was better than speakerphone). Yes I try raising the volume to max.

The ringer wasn't as loud as other phones either but the media volume was good on the phone, if that makes any sense. I am pretty sure I'm not going deaf, but maybe I am.

Let me know your opinions. A direct comparison between the GS3 the EVO LTE for those who have tried both would help even more. Thanks!

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Mines is very loud, no complaints in that area, its louder than my husbands HTC ONE X thats for sure!

earpiece volume may be slightly lower than the speaker, video and music though IMO

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
This video doesn't address all of your questions, but does have some info on the earpiece.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi5eH1eMw_E[/YT]

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Both my earpiece and speaker are loud and very clear. Their is a equalizer for the earpiece so you can adjust the bass and treble. And yes I am talking about the earpiece. Kinda crazy if you ask me, but it's there if you need it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited: