Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to get lock & home screens to display in landscape?

I understand from reading that installing a third party "launcher" will allow this, but I believe I'm also correct in figuring that also means that TouchWiz goes away?

I'm a noob, not only to the S3 but to Android, so I want to stay with the TouchWiz stock experience for the most part, at least for a bit until I decide if I like it, AND what the alternatives are with their pros and cons.

In the meantime, I'd like it if those screens would move to landscape when I rotate the phone, mainly because my favorite photo of my wife and I after our wedding is a landscape pic that I'd like to use as the background. Am I right to assume that my wish to stay with TouchWiz for the moment, and my wish to have landscape lock & home screens are mutually exclusive?

Thanks...

Default Re: Any way to get lock & home screens to display in landscape?

only way is to use launchers as far as I know. ICS doesnt allow it to go landscape for my GNex, so unless they put it in touchwiz as a features, you can go landscape mode unless you use car dock or MHL thru TV.