Screen protectors that don't decrease image quality??

Wiitard12

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a screen protector...but I don't want the quality of this amazing Super AMOLED HD screen to be reduced....any screen protectors that dont do that??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

staticradar

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the zagg invisible shield from best buy but I hate it, also looking for something better too. I want something where you barely know it's on.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
SGP Ultra Crystal. There are no better.

I ordered and received this product. However, they just released the Nano model, which is designed specifically for the curves of the SG3 phone. The vendor has agreed to send me the Nova no charge. They only shipped the Ultra Crystal because the Nova wasn't out yet when I ordered and they didn't know how soon it would be delivered to them. I ordered it through Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-St...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1893237

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
BestSkinsEver make a good product.

I've got the front screen on right now but may take it off. Simply cause I usually don't use a front screen protector. I've also noticed that it makes the home button just slightly harder to press.

Good fit though and I don't think it takes away from the screen quality at all.

Reactions: Wiitard12

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
+1 for the SGP Ultra Nano. SGP said themselves that the Ultra Crystal did not adhere properly to the S3 curved glass. That is why it was replaced by the new Ultra Nano.

Reactions: Wiitard12

seanpr

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Got the skinomi from amazon for. 99? put it on is very clear. BUT after letting it sit all night per instructions, I put the Belkin tpu case I got at best buy on and it pushed up the corner.

At least I only wasted 99?. It is. Clear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

WillSucceed

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Ghost Armor. Find a kiosk in a mall near you! Better than zagg invisible shield and lifetime warranty. GhostArmor.com for more details.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Invisible shield HD and it looks amazing. It feels as if it's an SGP screen protector haha, clarity is still there !

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have ordered this screen protector and should have it tomorrow. It is made of TPU which is crystal clear as opposed to PU which is not. It also uses silicone adhesive which should be easier to install without bubbles and without water.
I have used the cheap screen protectors and find them to scratch easily and peel off easily also. I have used the ZAGG screen protectors and find installationn of them a pain in the south end of a north bound horse. They also have a textured outer surface which degraded the screen images. Though having been a commercial photographer I tend to look more critically at image quality than most.

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there much difference between the hd version and the standard version?

sent from my shiny new S3 on the sprint network.

There is a ton of difference between the two. The old version felt like an orange peel, but the new HD version is Smooth as glass. There isn't any of the ripply feel at all. That's what I'm using right now on mine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

comshock25

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Do we still need protector for the S3 if its gorilla glass? Saw a video in youtube with a crazy guy knifing the screen and not a scratch.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
comshock25,
I agree with you. In my experience with a Tab 10.1 with Gorilla Glass and a Tab 2 - 7" and the S3 both with Gorilla Glass 2 there is no need for a screen protector for actual device use. In my opinion the screen protector on these displays is to protect from fracturing from catastrophic physical shock brought on by having your kids tossing the device in the air to land on concrete to see what happens and the like. If the device owner is prone to dropping, forgetting, tossing, etc. their devices they need a screen protector and an Otterbox. ;)

I have purchased a number of different screen protectors and they all are workable, but so far I like the nude glass for the finest imaging and the most sensitive touch screen.