s3 motion and other issues

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried Smart Stay today while browsing Facebook... and even tho I had glasses on... it still stayed on... and then when I put the phone down... the screen turned off.

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Smart stay works on mine - have to give screen enough time so it doesn't time-out anyway; works well. Now if I could just bend my arm in a special way to get contact calling working...And I'm beginning to think the home screens are taking longer to 'redraw' on returning home. Let's hope the update fixes it when my battery is charged. Wonder if I should have stuck with HTC...?!

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Smart stay works on mine - have to give screen enough time so it doesn't time-out anyway; works well. Now if I could just bend my arm in a special way to get contact calling working...And I'm beginning to think the home screens are taking longer to 'redraw' on returning home. Let's hope the update fixes it when my battery is charged. Wonder if I should have stuck with HTC...?!

How long is ur timeout set at ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Screen timeout set to 5 mins. Rumour has it that latest update will fix my re-draw issue and so far so good. Doesn't seem to be any change to contact call motion working though.

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... another stellar execution. Changed my screen timeout from 2 min to 15 sec and turned Smart Stay back on. Little Eye Ball pops up and then the screen dims for a few seconds and then brightens again. Annoying. Smart Alert doesn't work... period. I have no idea what it's supposed to do. Pretty poor documentation. Phone flat facing up? Facing down? Pick it up... no notification of messages or emails. No vibration, no screen indicators. Doesn't work like the Try Me function under help. Rebooted, battery pulled... Nada. Zip. Nothing.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... another stellar execution. Changed my screen timeout from 2 min to 15 sec and turned Smart Stay back on. Little Eye Ball pops up and then the screen dims for a few seconds and then brightens again. Annoying. Smart Alert doesn't work... period. I have no idea what it's supposed to do. Pretty poor documentation. Phone flat facing up? Facing down? Pick it up... no notification of messages or emails. No vibration, no screen indicators. Doesn't work like the Try Me function under help. Rebooted, battery pulled... Nada. Zip. Nothing.

doesnt seem to work for me either. im guessin its supposed to just vibrate when the accelerometer senses the phone picked up and shouldnt matter if its face down or up but...

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Notification thingy works for me and screen does go off when smart stay eye appears. If only I could view a contact and just ring them by lifting the phone to my ear...

SandyMitt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Thanks a lot! Letting your palm touch the screen just a tad when using the motion function for taking screen shots works! Wish they would tell you that in all the instructional videos, shame on you:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34