Photo when filming ?

Sweeet1102

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i have a brand new Galaxy SIII from Telus, but i can't take picture when a do video... At the end of this video, we see that we can do it, but not with mine..

And you ?

Thanks
David

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
No problems with my AT&T version. Was not obvious when it happened did you check your gallery? Do you have photo icon when shooting video?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
While you are actually filiming, a solid white circle with a camera in the center should appear. You tap in the center of this circle. This circle icon appears in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
While you are actually filiming, a solid white circle with a camera in the center should appear. You tap in the center of this circle. This circle icon appears in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

i dont have that icon...i just have an icon that tells me the video is being saved to my external SD card:(

does anybody know why some people can take pictures while recording video and others cant?

-------------------------
Update:
if you're recording video at the highest resolution, you wont see the 'capture image' icon. you need to drop your video recording resolution

Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Looks like your carrier took that option out. Weird. I guess the Software is where carriers still had a good bit of say.

The icon is there on my Sprint version. One thing that I have seen on the international version but not on the AT&T or Sprint version is the ability to change the color tone. The international version had options like "dynamic, normal, movie" but that option is gone. Too bad really, the Epic 4G touch had it still.

Sweeet1102

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Although I don't have my S3 yet, I did see a video where the guy said the anti-shake had to be off in order to take pictures while taking video. Like I said I don't know if it works or not since I don't have mine. Let us know if it works. Samsung Galaxy S3 Favorite Features - Sprint Version - YouTube
roughly at the 16 minute mark.

Exactly, i try to turn off the stabilization on video mode, and i can take picture when filming !! Thanks !