Phone screen won't turn off while charging

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
When I plug my phone in at night to charge I turn the screen off and all seems well. But as soon as the phone receives a notification the lock screen comes on and won't turn off. I have it set to turn off at 15 seconds but no luck. It only does it while charging. Anyone else see this? I have thee US version, not the super duper version.

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if its the same for the S3 but try this go into settings, find developer options should be under the category systems, then look for stay awake if ur phone won't shut off while charging it will be checked just un check it then should be fine.

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if its the same for the S3 but try this go into settings, find developer options should be under the category systems, then look for stay awake if ur phone won't shut off while charging it will be checked just un check it then should be fine.

I can't find that option anywhere.

smbrooks32

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying that when you pull down settings that u will have to look around I do not own one or played with it but what your looking for is called stay awake. It makes your phone stay on while charging. Look under display, on my nexus its under developer options

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I have it fixed. Simple fix I was overlooking. In settings menu, dock, keep home screen on. I turned it off, not sure how I turned it on to begin with. Thanks for the suggestions

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry could be more help how are u liking it so far and pros and cons you can give

I have used a 4s, one x, and skyrocket in the last year. So I have used all of the top tier devices. The G3 and One X are very even in my opinion. If it wasn't for lack of expandable memory I probably would have kept the One X. The camera on the One X was outstanding and the screen was in a league of its own. Compared to the Skyrocket The G3 is very similar. The G3 is what I would call the Skyrocket on steroids, it does everything smoother and faster than the Skyrocket. Out of all the devices the 4s has the best camera, but that's about all I would say it could do better. I do like the look of the G3 pebble Blue, but all of the devices look great.

G3 pros
Does everything smoothly and fast.
LTE is blazing fast.
Camera has lots of great features.
There are so many shortcuts and gestures to this phone it can take a while to find them all.
I like the look, especially the blue. It feels as good as it looks.
Battery life is an improvement.
I can network the phone to most of my devices at home.
It has expandable memory.
There should be plenty of aftermarket cases and devices on the market soon.

Cons
Camera is not as good as One X and 4s.
It is kind of slick and I'm afraid I may drop it. I don't want a bulky case. I need a tacky battery cover to help grip it.
Screen is good but not as good as One X.
Not much else I can think of for cons.

A6Driver

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The option is under Settings/Accessory/Dock/Desktop Home Screen Display = Uncheck

---------- Post Merged at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:20 AM ----------

The option is under Settings/Accessory/Dock/Desktop Home Screen Display = Uncheck

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Does this setting keep the screen on ONLY when it is on a "dock"? Maybe I only think I know what a "dock" means. Will this setting keep the phone display on when plugged into the plain old charger cord? Currently I am using the widget "Stay Awake" to get the phone to stay awake when on the charger cord.

tokki75

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
OMG! I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy 3 screen being on during the charge and was so relieved to find the answer to resolve the issue here.
=) Thanks guys!:D

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Gail,
Have you looked in the Developer options on your tablet to see if there's a similar setting? Perhaps if you posted this in the relevant forum you'd find someone that has already posted the detailed steps for your device.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Peter Romanski

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
sweet jesus mmeg92 thank you. i had to register just for that piece of information. not sure how it got turned on but the "stay awake while charging" option is now off!

Van_W

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar issue and fixed it by first turning on "developer mode" then deselecting "Stay awake" under Settings / Developer Options. Turn on developer mode by going to Settings / About Device, then touch/tap on "Build number" seven (7) times. Once developer mode is on, go to Settings / Developer Options, and deselect "Stay awake". This resolved the problem for me. Keep in mind that each android phone is slightly different in where "About Device" is located, but it is in the Settings section. Go there and tap "Build number" seven times to turn on Developer mode.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante