Is battery life bad on these phones?

cipo81

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So I finally picked up a new S3 from rogers. Obviously I was on it all night. But I ended up charging it all the way up just before bed. By the time I woke up it was at 90%, checked a few messages for maybe 2 minutes and by the time I was out of bed it was at 88%.

Is everyone else's like this? I know turning off a few things will help out the battery, but lets face it just bought the phone and I wanna show it off a bit with the gimmicky features turned on :p.

Are the higher capacity batteries a must for this phone or is it just me?
I'm coming from the first gen BB torch were I could charge it over night and use it all day no problem and half of the next day. (usually just charged it ever night though.)

Also any recommendations on a better battery to purchase?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I would give the phone a few charge cycles before you go and make any conclusions. I have had mine since Monday, and the battery life is getting better everyday..

mstover13

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
The battery on my S3 is 4 times better than my old Evo 4G. I am a heavy user on my phone all day with screen on 3.5ish hours a day and I can get a full day out of it. My EVO I got about a half day. You are definitely going to see worse battery life than a Blackberry, a whole day on a phone with a screen this large is acceptable i'd say

starsofthelid

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been fine so far. Charged it to 100% before bed, and left it on all night connected to the wifi (in sleep mode). Woke up to the alarm widget and it was at 98%.

Also, I've found being connected to the wifi doesn't drain as much battey as my previous android.

So far, I have no problem running it all day with 1 charge, and that's important.

cipo81

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully after a few drains of the battery this thing gets a bit better. Loving it so far. Still might look into a better battery for it.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i have sync on all day and i average >15hrs on a full charge...

i've had mine for about 3 weeks and yes, you can literally watch the battery level drop within a few minutes of unplugging it from the wall but that doesnt mean the phone will quit on you....battery optimizer kicks in at some point to prolong the juice:D

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The first evening I got the phone the battery seemed to drain fast. But now that I've charged it fully... it seems to be draining SLOWLY despite me using it constantly since I woke up.

bl024292

May 11, 2010
Visit site
A big thing with any battery powerEd device, you need to condition the product. Go through a couple fully charged to fully discharged cycles. The battery learns, but you to teach it.

joeydownsouth

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
after many cycles, I get a day and a half, maybe 2, they have 2950mah batteries on ebay, but no NFC to make room for more battery space.

Message brought to you by my stock GalaxyS3

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
OP, how's your reception?

If you've barely got a signal where you sleep, the phone works harder all night long to try to maintain a signal in case a call comes in. Switch over to WiFi overnight and you'll likely find that you wake up with 98% battery left.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney