Turning camera shutter sound off

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to root to do this or just have the ability to open the .db file? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

hmm, I believe you'll have to be rooted as I don't think you'll be able to edit db files unless you're rooted

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
hmm, I believe you'll have to be rooted as I don't think you'll be able to edit db files unless you're rooted

That sucks! I'll root my S3 one day but for now, I'm happy running it stock. I can't believe how much I've missed TW, lol! Being able to swipe left or right on contacts for messaging or dialing should be normal on android!!!

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't someone with the version of the S3 that has an option to turn off the shutter sound just post up the APK for the camera and then everyone else could install it?

I have no clue if that's how this works but on my Droid X I used to have several camera apps installed. I was running MIUI however and don't know if there is even a way to extract just the Sense camera.

Reactions: anon(851295)

LeafsNSox

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I am on Telus in Canada and as long as my phone is on Vibrate or Silent the camera focus and shutter sound doesn't go off.

Weird it does it for some but not others...

Just as a side note I am running stock ICS, no roots or hacks

Last edited:

Voice-Guy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
You can use Tasker to silence the phone when opening the camera app and return to the previous volume settings when you close it.

JessonEvil

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I am on an unlocked international SGS3 on Rogers, and when I pull the volume all the way off to vibrate, no more shutter sound. However, when I do the same thing with my wife's (same model, same carrier), the shutter sound is still heard. The 2 differences with the phone right now are:
I did an update to mine through the software update.
I rooted my SGS3.
I will keep looking and try to find a solution to this and will report back if I find anything.

PS: New to the forum. Hello everyone :)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Root your device, install Root Explorer, navigate to /system/csc/feature.xml (make sure r/w is toggled, long press and open in text editor)

Edit the setting below to true. Reboot, then you will have the option to disable the shutter sound.

true

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

CrisDGibbons

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Probably my biggest pet peeve with this phone so far.

The shutter still sounds in vibrate and silent mode, and it's LOUD.

It's a Sprint phone in the U.S. and there is no option to turn it off in camera settings.

Is there an app that allows you to have control over this?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie