Has anyone found a source for true 720 x 1280 wallpapers?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I know that I can download a picture that's bigger than the screen resolution and then just pick a part of it to use as my lockscreen wallpaper, but has anyone found a source where you can find wallpapers that take full advantage of the resolution in a convenient way? I think the ones you get from Zedge or Backgrounds are not the full resolution and probably land up getting stretched.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I know that I can download a picture that's bigger than the screen resolution and then just pick a part of it to use as my lockscreen wallpaper, but has anyone found a source where you can find wallpapers that take full advantage of the resolution in a convenient way? I think the ones you get from Zedge or Backgrounds are not the full resolution and probably land up getting stretched.

Go to Deviantart.com and if you find some that are bigger than the screen, post them here and I will resize them for you guys! My contribution to this community! :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That is the best thing to do normally.. Just find stuff that is bigger in resolution and then just resize them to the proper specs... Always remember go from big to small, NOT small to big or it will look like crap.

starsofthelid

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Don't like how the wallpaper doesn't move when you change screens, like in previous versions of Android. Any way to enable this and use the whole resolution of a landscape image?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't like how the wallpaper doesn't move when you change screens, like in previous versions of Android. Any way to enable this and use the whole resolution of a landscape image?

Yeah, they took it from the skyrocket in the last update too. So its not just ICS. No scrolling wallpaper. Anybody able to scroll with a root or custom rom?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone can easily resize and make their own wallpapers. Download Photoshop Touch on a tablet. A very easy program to learn compared to the full program on a pc. Plus, it allows you to do many of the same features as the full program.

But just to resize and orient a picture for landscape or portrait... It takes all of about 15 seconds with Photoshop Touch (in the Google Play app store). Also on iOS app store.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
But just to resize and orient a picture for landscape or portrait... It takes all of about 15 seconds with Photoshop Touch (in the Google Play app store). Also on iOS app store.

I think the OP's point is that wallpapers not designed for vertical 1280x720 have the image oriented for that viewing. If you have a picture that is widescreen it will looks silly rotated on it's side.

Rev.

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I will also venture to say that the OP knows how to resize images. He is looking for a repository of wallpapers ready for action. I don't want to spend any time resizing either...looking forward to more sources for wallpaper.

Reactions: MannyZ28

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I am lazy. I am used to just being able to go to the backgrounds app and pick one and know that those pics were made for a phone with that resolution.

As far as the scrolling wallpaper... I think if you use Apex launcher it will allow to use scrolling wallpapers again. If you don't want to go that route, there is an app for that called "scrolling wallpaper" in the Play Store.

samsung galaxy s3 (ENABLE SCROLLING WALLPAPERS) - YouTube

How to Set Scrolling Wallpaper on Samsung Galaxy S3 (SIII, i9300) - YouTube

I believe the app is limited to static wallpapers and doesn't work with live wallpapers, which is a real shame considering some of the really nice live wallpapers out there that really strut their stuff if homescreen scrolling were enabled.

I don't understand the reasoning behind taking it out, maybe battery concerns?

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
what I do usually is searching images on Google with plugging the exact size of the image. then, all 720*1280 images come up and I just choose from there.O:)