06-30-2012 01:19 PM
    Been seeing a few reports of bricking. Sounds like noobs not taking time to read, or perhaps they are color blind and don't see the RED warnings!!! At least they have the cajones to try it. Until things settle down and we have some failproof procedures and stock ROMS to get back to square 1, I am going to wait. Things are just happening too fast.
    06-28-2012 05:28 PM
    Been seeing a few reports of bricking. Sounds like noobs not taking time to read, or perhaps they are color blind and don't see the RED warnings!!! At least they have the cajones to try it. Until things settle down and we have some failproof procedures and stock ROMS to get back to square 1, I am going to wait. Things are just happening too fast.
    I would never flash a rom on a brand new, just released device until I know for certain it is a stable release. I pay full price (no contract) for my phones, so I am a bit more cautious I guess.
    06-28-2012 05:37 PM
    LOL, I'm no pro, but I need my root to tether, but without a phone you can't use it, just slow down. Waiting for a good one click method
    06-29-2012 08:38 AM
    LOL, I'm no pro, but I need my root to tether, but without a phone you can't use it, just slow down. Waiting for a good one click method
    Not for pdanet. Unless you need wifi.
    06-30-2012 09:11 AM
    Don't need to root for foxfi if your desperate.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    06-30-2012 09:56 AM
    I totally agree, I'm waiting. Need the stock Rom to flash back to. But yet if these people didn't play around and root their phones, we wouldn't know what works and didn't work. It's a catch twenty two...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Malathan likes this.
    06-30-2012 09:59 AM
    im fresh from crackberry and I have successfully gone to a custom rom, and a custom kernel. All the backups of the stock firmwares are on XDA. Pretty much as long as you don't alter the partition file, you can always get back to a working phone, either through Odin or ClockWorkMod. Certainly much tougher than loading a custom BB OS however. I'd spend a good week or so on XDA reading EVERYTHING/ and then decide what to do. Omega Rom with syriah kernel is lightning quick and the battery life is great. It also includes many hacks like the camera one. Two thumbs up from me
    06-30-2012 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD