Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rivencap
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bricks-R-Us!!!

Been seeing a few reports of bricking. Sounds like noobs not taking time to read, or perhaps they are color blind and don't see the RED warnings!!! At least they have the cajones to try it. Until things settle down and we have some failproof procedures and stock ROMS to get back to square 1, I am going to wait. Things are just happening too fast.
    ΣΛΤ ΜΣ

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 4.2.1

Default Re: Bricks-R-Us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbomcm View Post
    Been seeing a few reports of bricking. Sounds like noobs not taking time to read, or perhaps they are color blind and don't see the RED warnings!!! At least they have the cajones to try it. Until things settle down and we have some failproof procedures and stock ROMS to get back to square 1, I am going to wait. Things are just happening too fast.
    I would never flash a rom on a brand new, just released device until I know for certain it is a stable release. I pay full price (no contract) for my phones, so I am a bit more cautious I guess.

ROM
    Stock

LOL, I'm no pro, but I need my root to tether, but without a phone you can't use it, just slow down. Waiting for a good one click method

Quote Originally Posted by bl024292 View Post
    LOL, I'm no pro, but I need my root to tether, but without a phone you can't use it, just slow down. Waiting for a good one click method
    Not for pdanet. Unless you need wifi.

Don't need to root for foxfi if your desperate.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I totally agree, I'm waiting. Need the stock Rom to flash back to. But yet if these people didn't play around and root their phones, we wouldn't know what works and didn't work. It's a catch twenty two...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Malathan likes this.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

im fresh from crackberry and I have successfully gone to a custom rom, and a custom kernel. All the backups of the stock firmwares are on XDA. Pretty much as long as you don't alter the partition file, you can always get back to a working phone, either through Odin or ClockWorkMod. Certainly much tougher than loading a custom BB OS however. I'd spend a good week or so on XDA reading EVERYTHING/ and then decide what to do. Omega Rom with syriah kernel is lightning quick and the battery life is great. It also includes many hacks like the camera one. Two thumbs up from me