1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Switched from BB

Hello so I switched from a Blackberry Bold 9700, to the Samsung Galaxy S3. The only thing I miss so far aside from BBM is the calendar. I work a job where my shifts are different one week to another. Even day to day. I loved the native calendar because you could set your appointment and then set an alarm as well separately but have a different alarm for different days and not have to be re-occurring. I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps or if the native calendar has this option just i have not yet stumbled upon it. Thanks.

ROM
    Stock

I may be wrong but "pure calendar" is really good. This might solve your woes.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

I too switched from BB a while back, had been with them a long time but enough is enough!

I don't miss BBM as I used to use whatsapp before anyway. Too many of my friends have android and Iphone's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Switched from BB

I work a different schedule every day as well, and with meetings and scheduled duties would be lost without calendar functions. I've just been plugging everything into Google calendar, including setting the alarms for shifts, and syncing the phone with it, seems to work fine for me.
    Thanked by:

The calendar I've been using is Business Calendar PRO. I use it in conjunction with google calendars and really like it. There is a lite version. I'd recommend trying it out. Lots of features and nice widgets. I too came from blackberry and this was the one that seems to works as well and as efficient as BB of all that I tried.

Yes I am using the native calendar on the phone and so far so good. I haven't missed anything yet. It seems to be doing what I need it to do. I imported all my meetings and stuff from my BB and everything is AOK