Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to set the phone to ring if someone calls but not make any other notifications. Such as turn off text and email but leave the ringer on? I know it's a newb question but I would appreciate the help.

Kyle L

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys for your help. I'm trying both out right now to see which one works best for my needs. I just wish there was something built into the phone but oh well. Again, thanks

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there an application where you can create different ring profiles (preferably free) sort of like what my blackberry had built-in? I'd like to be able to have specific numbers that would not be blocked in case of family emergencies and such.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you guys for your help. I'm trying both out right now to see which one works best for my needs. I just wish there was something built into the phone but oh well. Again, thanks

Let everyone know which one works better and why! I have this same desire so I'll be curious what you determine.

I don't think many phones have this feature, so I wouldn't be too upset that it's not built in.

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I wanted to update you on what I have found out so far. I did download both Profile and Volume Control Plus and decided to try out both. What I was looking for was a simple way to turn off notifications except for the phone at night. Profile has a great interface while Volume Control Plus had a fairly simple way to just push a button to accomplish the task. I went with Volume Control Plus because I could set it up to do the two things I was looking for, normal operations and night time where it will only ring when I go to bed. I don't use the scheduling functions of either program since my schedule varies quite a bit. So far I have liked how it works. If anyone else has something to add please do since I have found what works well for me and your needs might be a bit different.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I wanted to update you on what I have found out so far. I did download both Profile and Volume Control Plus and decided to try out both. What I was looking for was a simple way to turn off notifications except for the phone at night. Profile has a great interface while Volume Control Plus had a fairly simple way to just push a button to accomplish the task. I went with Volume Control Plus because I could set it up to do the two things I was looking for, normal operations and night time where it will only ring when I go to bed. I don't use the scheduling functions of either program since my schedule varies quite a bit. So far I have liked how it works. If anyone else has something to add please do since I have found what works well for me and your needs might be a bit different.

Not sure if you found the solution yet but when you turn the volume up or down and go into the settings buttons of the pop up window (there are 3 different volume settings) you can lower the notification ringtone (the last one). It took me about a week to figure this one out. I am on the Verizon version so not sure if that makes a difference.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called Bedside - I toggle it before bed and it shuts off everything except calls. Oh and I have a whitelist for text messages.

summerlin18

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep, what silly said is exactly what you want. But I am gonna try those apps out also, thanks for posting about them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you found the solution yet but when you turn the volume up or down and go into the settings buttons of the pop up window (there are 3 different volume settings) you can lower the notification ringtone (the last one). It took me about a week to figure this one out. I am on the Verizon version so not sure if that makes a difference.

nice find man :) i hadnt noticed the setting cog before

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I use the "Simple Sound Profile Widget." It's a 1x1 widget which allows you to customize various sound profiles with differing volumes for Ringer/Notification/Media.

Sounds similiar to the others that have been already mentioned. It doesn't block certain numbers like some want though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke