Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By funkylogik
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    Is there a way to set the phone to ring if someone calls but not make any other notifications. Such as turn off text and email but leave the ringer on? I know it's a newb question but I would appreciate the help.
  2. #2  
    Kyle L's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, Stock

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Alewood View Post
    Is there a way to set the phone to ring if someone calls but not make any other notifications. Such as turn off text and email but leave the ringer on? I know it's a newb question but I would appreciate the help.

    I found this app to be really helpful, Its called "volume control plus", extremely customizable and has widget settings




    hope this helps
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    I like Profile - let's be create all sorts of settings for each profile, and add widgets to activate different versions if I am in my car, at work, in a meeting, or bedtime (just to mention a few).

    Which can be found here:
    Last edited by raremage; 06-29-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Added link
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    Thank you guys for your help. I'm trying both out right now to see which one works best for my needs. I just wish there was something built into the phone but oh well. Again, thanks
  5. #5  
    bassmig's Avatar

    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    Is there an application where you can create different ring profiles (preferably free) sort of like what my blackberry had built-in? I'd like to be able to have specific numbers that would not be blocked in case of family emergencies and such.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Alewood View Post
    Thank you guys for your help. I'm trying both out right now to see which one works best for my needs. I just wish there was something built into the phone but oh well. Again, thanks
    Let everyone know which one works better and why! I have this same desire so I'll be curious what you determine.

    I don't think many phones have this feature, so I wouldn't be too upset that it's not built in.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    Hey guys I wanted to update you on what I have found out so far. I did download both Profile and Volume Control Plus and decided to try out both. What I was looking for was a simple way to turn off notifications except for the phone at night. Profile has a great interface while Volume Control Plus had a fairly simple way to just push a button to accomplish the task. I went with Volume Control Plus because I could set it up to do the two things I was looking for, normal operations and night time where it will only ring when I go to bed. I don't use the scheduling functions of either program since my schedule varies quite a bit. So far I have liked how it works. If anyone else has something to add please do since I have found what works well for me and your needs might be a bit different.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Alewood View Post
    Hey guys I wanted to update you on what I have found out so far. I did download both Profile and Volume Control Plus and decided to try out both. What I was looking for was a simple way to turn off notifications except for the phone at night. Profile has a great interface while Volume Control Plus had a fairly simple way to just push a button to accomplish the task. I went with Volume Control Plus because I could set it up to do the two things I was looking for, normal operations and night time where it will only ring when I go to bed. I don't use the scheduling functions of either program since my schedule varies quite a bit. So far I have liked how it works. If anyone else has something to add please do since I have found what works well for me and your needs might be a bit different.
    Not sure if you found the solution yet but when you turn the volume up or down and go into the settings buttons of the pop up window (there are 3 different volume settings) you can lower the notification ringtone (the last one). It took me about a week to figure this one out. I am on the Verizon version so not sure if that makes a difference.
  9. #9  
    jeffreii's Avatar
    CrackBerry Convert

    Posts
    793 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    I use an app called Bedside - I toggle it before bed and it shuts off everything except calls. Oh and I have a whitelist for text messages.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Yep, what silly said is exactly what you want. But I am gonna try those apps out also, thanks for posting about them!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lv2bsilly View Post
    Not sure if you found the solution yet but when you turn the volume up or down and go into the settings buttons of the pop up window (there are 3 different volume settings) you can lower the notification ringtone (the last one). It took me about a week to figure this one out. I am on the Verizon version so not sure if that makes a difference.
    nice find man :-) i hadnt noticed the setting cog before
    lv2bsilly likes this.
  12. #12  
    chappo2000's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Set Phone to Ring-No Other Notifications

    I use the "Simple Sound Profile Widget." It's a 1x1 widget which allows you to customize various sound profiles with differing volumes for Ringer/Notification/Media.

    Sounds similiar to the others that have been already mentioned. It doesn't block certain numbers like some want though.

Posting Permissions

B