Jelly Bean on the SGS3: Voice Search vs S Voice

Blujay93

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The biggest thing that I am excited for in Jelly Bean is Google Now and the improved voice search. I already pre-ordered the SGS3 and I'm on Verizon, so cancelling now would force me to add a Share Everything Plan (I think). That said, I don't think I would want to change to the Gnex just because of Jelly Bean; I really love the specs on the SGS3, especially the camera.

Of course, it's gonna be sometime before Jelly Bean arrives on the SGS3, probably around the release of the new iPhone. But I am curious as to what Samsung may do to muck it up using Twiz. I'm OK with Twiz but I don't want them messing with that awesome Voice Search.

Maybe I'm just confused, but do you think Samsung would opt out of the voice search in favor of S Voice (which honestly isn't that great)? Or would they make both usable?

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
They won't be "opting out" of Voice Search. My guess is they'll make it an option, with S Voice set as the default. Or it could be a "skin" of sorts over Google's own magic. They should just drop it, as it doesn't sound like it works too well and is more lawsuit fodder, but I don't see them doing that, as they're now putting the same thing on their other devices, like TV's and such.

Reactions: Blujay93

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci