Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to fix home screen lag?

whats up guys. just got my phones its amazing and so crazy fast. the only thing that is bumming me out is the lag when i go back to my home screen. I hate seeing everything i have my home screen slowly load up, reminds me of my note. Any way to fix this??

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Default Re: Any way to fix home screen lag?

Can you explain this in greater detail?

I don't have this at all. I have seen one or two others post about it, but I've not seen one bit of lag whatsoever when going back to the home screen.... or anywhere at all really.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
    ΣΛΤ ΜΣ

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 4.2.1

I'm confused as well. I have zero lag. The only time there is any lag what so ever, is when rotating from portrait to landscape, but it feels like Samsung did this intentionally?

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Have you tried turning the animations down? Is you search you will find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i mean lets say i am texting someone, then I hit the home button, when I arrive at the home screen the clock will slowly load up, then the weather etc etc. thats what i mean by lag. i have the animations down to .5, you guys never see this?

Put less Widgets on it.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

How's your RAM consumption?

I too have lag when pressing the home screen after searching the net or sometimes just reading an email. Have tried doing a factory reset, was okay for a while but has now gone back to the lag when pressing the home button.
    You would think with a quad core processor on board you wouldn't experience this lag.
    Frustrating!!

Touchwhiz is not the most efficient IMO when you have a lot of widgets in use. I also found that it had to reload/redraw itself a lot of times when returning from an application. I switched to APEX and the lag is less and the redraws or much fewer. I use a lot of widgets so there is occasional lag, but that's the price I pay for having relevant information available without launching an app.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Are you guys using the physical home button? If so, the lag has to do with the phone waiting for a double press to see if you're activating S-Voice.

Disabling S-Voice fixes this problem.

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

I have not once had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlac View Post
    Are you guys using the physical home button? If so, the lag has to do with the phone waiting for a double press to see if you're activating S-Voice.

Disabling S-Voice fixes this problem.
    I've read about this too but I have S-Voice disabled. But, the OP's description says all the home screen apps/widgets load up slowly so that doesn't sound like the same issue. I also don't use any widgets so maybe that is why I've never once seen this reported lag.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech

I notice a slight, maybe one second delay that occurs when I push the home screen button. But it's not very noticeable or bothersome. I definitely don't see the home screen reloading or anything like that...it just appears. When I think about the delay, I think it's just that quick second it takes to leave whatever app you were in and to get back to main. I guess some would prefer it to be as instantaneous as hitting the back button, but it's only like a half second longer. not a big deal or deal breaker for me
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

im not talking a bout delay when pressing home button, I have s voice off and the home button is supper quick now. I am talking about the home screen simply loading slowly. One at a time all my icons and my weather widget will load up. and no I don't have a lot of widgets.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

I updated my phone before two days and the problem was solved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Its becuz the os doesnt keep the home screen in memory so it refreshes everytime you go bak

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

Do the people with homescreen lag have the international version or US/CA version?

Could be too many widgets or background processes. I haven't had any problems. I just have a beautiful widget running & that's it.

Dont have this issue on mine. Running 1 widget.

International

I'm suffering from the same lag aswell. Only running the weather wiget. Tried turing off various settings but the lag is there

Quote Originally Posted by nek_singh View Post
    I'm suffering from the same lag aswell. Only running the weather wiget. Tried turing off various settings but the lag is there
    Kidha... mine seems to have fixed itself after removing the weather widget

Thanked by:

I have experienced this on my S3 as well but i have the international version. I would think that the U.S version would not have to use LMK feature with 2 gb RAM. Therefore it could keep the home screen in memory for quick access. It usually occurs when i press the back button several times. Hopefully its just a glitch in software where the RAM doesn't keep the home screen in memory and Sammy take this into consideration and fix it in a software update. In my experiences some phones contain these small errors and the phone runs at optimal speed after the first batch of patches. Or it could be a glitch in Touchwiz UX Nature.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,529 Global Posts

I'm using Go Launcher EX and I wonder if that's why I do notice this issue...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast