Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: S3 screen flicker?

UPDATE: Does not happen on jelly bean. Though I did notice some very small messaging flicker NOT "screen" flicker but a very small flicker on one of the messages in messaging app, disable hardware overlays and its gone.

Cheers

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by green_android View Post
    UPDATE: Does not happen on jelly bean. Though I did notice some very small messaging flicker NOT "screen" flicker but a very small flicker on one of the messages in messaging app, disable hardware overlays and its gone.

Cheers
    Disabling would decrease the video performance specially on third party non-Google apps due to decrease in vRAM. May be I am wrong, but I hope I don't get this flicker issue.
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    Disabling would decrease the video performance specially on third party non-Google apps due to decrease in vRAM. May be I am wrong, but I hope I don't get this flicker issue.
    *falls in glove (geek love)* :P x

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

Quote Originally Posted by mss-ca View Post
    It might but very slightly, but for people who just want to get rid of it completely, they might want to disable it.

For me it seems to appear only when on power saving mode with auto brightness and right after wake up. Anyone else seeing on this conditions?

I use Gosms and screen flickers in that app as well so it's not just the stick app. It doesn't bother me much but it is noticeable.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

My Galaxy S3 has also been experiencing a flickering screen, but it's not a change in brightness of the screen, it's more like a vibration in the graphics when I'm changing screens, doesn't matter what I'm doing, unlocking it (flickers for about 1/10th sec) then settles, flicking between home screens (flickers) opening/closing an app (flickers) sending a text (flickers)...you get the idea. I've tried turning it off and back on and that seems to help, but it comes right back and I can't figure out what (if anything) is causing it. Is this similar to what others are experiencing?

You can try turning these settings off:S3 screen flicker?-uploadfromtaptalk1376024170240.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same problem with my note 3 but it stopped as soon as i switched off the auto brightness. This is a shame as the auto brightness saves power and makes it easier to use the phone under sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by George Ochiel View Post
    I had the same problem with my note 3 but it stopped as soon as i switched off the auto brightness. This is a shame as the auto brightness saves power and makes it easier to use the phone under sunlight.
    If your not is brand new I would take it back and swap it. A brand new phone should not be doing that and you shouldn't have to put up with that if that is a feature you want to use.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

i am using s3 from last 8 months but the problem started when i change my LCD.After that its starts flickering when i unlock the device for using wats app or BBM its starts flickering and then it stops. It occurs when the power saving option is On. And wen i switch off the power saving mode the screen flicks when the camera is on....
    plz help im frustrated going to Service Center.

Im writing from India
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234