First ring low then sounds jump up - any fix for this?

5hundie

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem with my Galaxy S5 Sport, but after playing around with my settings, I figured out how to get my phone to ring normally without cutting or muting out, or "jumping." In "Quick settings" select "Sound." Under "Ringtones and notifications" check the box for "Vibrate when ringing." Then, if you're like me and don't want your phone to vibrate when it rings, select "Vibration intensity" toward the top of the menu, and there you can adjust your vibration settings from full to none. This fixed it for me. The first ring is still soft but the rest of them come in consistently at regular volume. I hope works for you too!

Annie Akertyne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely phones do that. Its an on purpose by the ahole designers who do not want you to be starlted, so its inaudible for first 2 seconds barly at 4 and full at 5. By the time I get to my phone at home the 5 seconds of not hearing and the 5 seconds to get there the caller has hungup. There is an app available to fix this for most phones. My phonr is a moto e and no fixes (that I can find) work on it. My work around is to make sure I have the phone on my person, which can be a nuisance. Thans for nothing Motorola.

Annie Akertyne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Its an on purpose design stupidity that can be fixed with an app for most phones but not the motorola e.Still looking. Get lots of hangups by the time I reach the phone and can do nothing short of carrying my phone at all times even when bathing?

derek70

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Same for Moto G (2nd Gen)!!
Wish I have known this before, I didn't buy it.
Motorola says it for safety reasons (because speakers is in the front).
This makes most of alert tones inusables because most of them is less than 3 seconds !!!

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello dear friends. I have three solutions to propose (I understand it's an old thread, but I 've just seen it:) ).
1. There 's a handy app, named "Disable Increasing Ring". Working like a charm!
2. You can arrange your mp3's (let's say on "Soundtrack Pro" or Garage Band or the likes) so that they have a 1 to 2 sec silence in the beginning. I myself prefer this one, which is absolutely fine and charming!
3. You can have your device rooted and then adjust the thing.
Hope I helped!
Have it nice and smooth! :D:D:D

PS. For the dear Motorolla users, try the 4.4 KitKat. There's a say that the problem is fixed on this babe.
For those hesitating rooting the phone: DO dare it! It's really handy! AND YOU CAN EASILY HAVE IT UNROOTED! Just be informed in the related forums (XDA and the like).

Last edited:

Annie Akertyne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I might like it too, if I hadn't missed so many calls. When you are home and have put down phone to say charge or their is a bit of home noise, you can not hear phone ring for nearly 5 seconds until the ringing is faded up fully. By the time you get to phone it can be 6 or 7 seconds and caller hangs up. There is an app to work around it for most phones but not my moto e. Designers think they are clever with this but they are stupid and ignorant not to allow for an adjustment by user.

Rocco Tool

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. For 1, the Disable Increasing Ring does not work for Moto E, XT1023. In fact, it only works for a limited number of phones. For 2, I will try the delay, but it still keeps the phone quiet for the first few seconds when someone is trying to call. For 3, I don't want to root the phone.
I have KitKat 4.4.4 and the problem is NOT fixed.

S GTG

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Kind of the same problem i was having but my ringtone was staying low when someone rang even after turning up the volumes and changing settings

I have FIXED my problem for now so if this works for anyone here then here it is and good luck.

Moto g 2nd Gen
You are going to need to plug your phone into a computer and on AUTO PLAY click "OPEN FOLDER TO VIEW FILES".

1) Go to Media folder > Audio > Ringtones
2) Copy all ringtones and go back 3 tabs to the main storage page of your phone
3) Open Ringtones folder and paste your ringtones
4) Close the window, unplug your phone and cross your fingers it has solved your problem.

Worked for me so i hope this helps others.

Good luck

jozee

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks very much for re-posting this fix. The "Disable increasing ring" app worked perfectly for my Samsung SG5! My ringtone was basically intermittent...partial ring, then silence, then partial ring...etc. Extremely annoying, but thought it was my ringtone at first.

Jozee

Mark Muller

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I solved this one. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 I called my S5 using the land line and watched what it was doing. I noticed that it flashed a help message up top while it was ringing stating that I could answer or reject the call using voice commands. I supposed that the microphone was listening to the environment and turning down the ringer to compensate. I solved this problem by going to settings -> "call" (the phone icon) -> answering/ending calls -> Using voice command I uncheckd the "using voice commands" setting and this solved the problem.

Obreja

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi ,

I had this problem to on my LG G2 when i installed lollipop 5 android

I found a solution

First go to settings

Then go to general settings

Then go to Gestures it stays under smart functions

Then set off Fade Out Ringtone

And then its fixed :p

Good Luck

Luke Orchard

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I was having the same issue and I appear to have found a solution.
Go to Settings>Accessibility>Answering and ending calls
In there you can uncheck an option to "Use voice commands".
Hope this helps.

KekeDC

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue. I can't figure it out. My old phone had settings to change this but I don't see any. It's so annoying!😒

Stigtoes

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
Same issue in my Redmi Note 3. Someone suggested to convert ringtone into waw format..

My work round, without using any apps, is to add a second or two of silence to the start of the ringtone. I did it in Audacity. You can experiment with the length of silence until you get the desired result.

Janet E C

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Ringtone Varying from Loud to Soft

RE: Samsung Gal S5 ringtone varying from loud to soft.

I know this post was from 2015, but my husband's Samsung Galaxy S5 just recently started ringing with the sound varying from soft to loud over and over. I tried everything and even the AT&T people could not fix it. I Thought that possibly Android Auto might have changed something in the settings (since talking on the phone while driving is banned here). I did what you suggested and it worked. I was even able to re-install Android Auto back onto his phone. thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781