Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First ring low then sounds jump up - any fix for this?

Now that my phone number has been ported over I called myself and noticed the first ring sounds out very low then jumps up to regular volume. I googled it and have seen others confirm this behaviour but I don't see any solutions. Anyone know? None of my previous phones every did that, and it's not the end of the world, but if I could fix it that would be great.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts

I cant confirm it on the GSIIIbut on the SII samsung considered this a feature users would enjoy. It's nice for alarm clocks not so awesome for ringtones. I never bothered finding away around it, I just live with it. Good luck to you, maybe someone will chime in with a useful reply.

Default Re: First ring low then sounds jump up - any fix for this?

Don't have the phone yet but I coulda sworn this was a setting that could be either enabled or disabled. Have you tried looking around the volume settings?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, there is no setting for it. I know what you are referring to - ascending volume... I had it on my Droid 2 when the alarm went off, not the ringtone, but this is NOT ascending volume and there is no option for it I can find whatsoever. This is the first ring being low then a sudden jump to regular volume, not a slow gradual fade up to set volume. This appears to be a bug and as mentioned a search online reveals others having this issue.

Surprised no others here have mentioned it as I'm pretty sure every S3 is doing this.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

144 views and not one person can confirm this? I know many of you on here posting have the phone... can a few of you at least confirm this behaviour? Thanks

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

I have this same issue - not a big deal but definitely noticed it.

There is a setting for "smart alarm" in alarms that does this sort of ascending volume but that's obviously just for alarms - and I have it disabled anyways.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Same issue here...I do have pocket ring enabled...wonder if this has any bearing on the volume otherwise?

I don't have the phone, but it's definitely a feature of Pocket Mode ring. Check that..?
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM

Pocket ring makes it louder in your pocket. This is happening sitting on my desk. Worth testing though.

Maybe a glitch where it thinks its in a pocket?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks for the replies guys and for confirming it. It happens even if I don't have it in the belt case, just sitting out on a table. Of course it's not a huge deal, would just be nice to have it start at full volume to prevent missing any rings or causing a delay for me to answer. Hopefully they will fix it in an update.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech

Quote Originally Posted by soulsmilen View Post
    I don't have the phone, but it's definitely a feature of Pocket Mode ring. Check that..?
    This is the answer and there is a setting. Seems to be turned on stock on some phones.

Message brought to you by my stock GalaxyS3

and how do you check the pocket mode ring?? i assume you go to settings first?

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Go into the dialer>settings
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys and for confirming it. It happens even if I don't have it in the belt case, just sitting out on a table. Of course it's not a huge deal, would just be nice to have it start at full volume to prevent missing any rings or causing a delay for me to answer. Hopefully they will fix it in an update.

Rev.
    If it's happening on the desk and not for anyone else (including me), it may be an issue with your device. Try a hard reset first and then maybe swap it out.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by junglejunkie View Post
    Go into the dialer>settings
    Still does the same thing whether pocket mode is on or off.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I have the same issue. I'm going to try to play with pocket mode today to see if it fixes it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I've tried messing with settings, but I have not been able to change it

weird...

EDIT*
    THREAD
    just found this tho....I dunno about flashing random hacks with no source...hmm
    Last edited by hoovhartid; 07-01-2012 at 03:36 PM.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by hoovhartid View Post
    I've tried messing with settings, but I have not been able to change it
    Yeah, at this point I'm just hoping they fix it in an update. Again, it's really no big deal at all... it would just be nice if Samsung fixed it. And nah, no chance in hell I'd try loading a third party ROM.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

Same thing here on my S3, I noticed it today on my wife's s2 as well.

I can confirm that I am also having this issue on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (no root). Always something when you switch to a new phone!

I tried all the settings mentioned above to no avail. Hoping for a fix in the next firmware upgrade.

-m

Thumbs up Re: First ring low then sounds jump up - any fix for this?

this cannot be fixed on unrooted phone. The developers made it with no options to fix this

the phone should first be rooted, then you need to download a custom ROM and finally download Phone.apk and and copy it to your system/app

Don't do it if you are not sure what I'm talking about. It's a risky thing and may brick your device

Google it first and read everything about it before you do it. I have Samsung Galaxy S3 and have fixed this issue using the same method

I actually like this feature with vibration on. Never thought it was an issue.
    cjsmoove and Roboticz like this.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDuck81 View Post
    this cannot be fixed on unrooted phone. The developers made it with no options to fix this

the phone should first be rooted, then you need to download a custom ROM and finally download Phone.apk and and copy it to your system/app

Don't do it if you are not sure what I'm talking about. It's a risky thing and may brick your device

Google it first and read everything about it before you do it. I have Samsung Galaxy S3 and have fixed this issue using the same method
    I haven't tried it but have read the thread. A custom ROM is NOT required - just root and custom recovery (ClockWorkMod Recovery).

BTW the link to the thread has changed since XDA has moved the forums around:
    [MOD] No Increasing Ringtone + HOW to ! - At&t S3 - xda-developers
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

While it's midly annoying I would never flash my phone to an unsupported rom just to fix this issue. I'm a tech so I'm not against flashing other ROMs per se just not really worth it for me as this issue isn't a huge one really. I'm more interested in Sammy fixing the calendar notification issue. I want it to be able to use my mp3's.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast