New to android but MUST have app

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
does swiftkey have swype functionality? If not, are any of you former swype devotees among those raving about swiftkey? I feel like I can type the fastest with swype.

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
trust me. So did I but you can type pretty inaccurately and all the words correct themselves. It's kinda scary how great it is. I'll mail you $2 if you don't like it haha. Swype takes a long time compared to this.

Reactions: 20blks

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
trust me. So did I but you can type pretty inaccurately and all the words correct themselves. It's kinda scary how great it is. I'll mail you $2 if you don't like it haha. Swype takes a long time compared to this.

I used swype for almost a year before going back to SwiftKey after the update. Trust us, you'll love it. But I must say, swype is much better now since their recent update. You can't go wrong with either. I would highly recommend SwiftKey though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Swype fan here, I'll definitely give SwiftKey a try when I get my SGSIII.

Seems like I'm noticing more and more that old-fashioned typos are being replaced with simply the wrong word. Everyone is using Swype/Swiftkey/auto-correct, and they either don't notice or don't care when the wrong word is input. It always makes me do a double-take, then I can usually figure out what they meant, and oftentimes can see where the word they meant would've been similar to the word they actually used in Swype. I'm kind of annoyed by it, but then again I am a crotchety old man at the ripe old age of 32. Kids these days. SMH.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Ive used Swype for a long time, and tried some other keyboards.

The newest Swype is amazing. I rarely ever have to correct a word.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I love Swiftkey. I love the idea of Swype, but I felt like I was getting carpal tunnel or something in my thumb.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
"Learnt", huh? (Look under Learn from SMS).

ad18f787-83ff-477c.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Just gave SwiftKey 3 another try. Went well so I dropped the $2.00. Liking it now. Was using Smart Keyboard and was liking that I real lot, but it oddly seemed to perform differently at times. Like sometimes posting on forums it would act stupid and not work well. I also like how SwiftKey corrects words where the space is missing.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I love Swype (have not tried the new beta). I did purchase Swiftkey 3 because it was on Sale and I am loving it as well. I just wish it had "auto-text" shortcuts like BlackBerry.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been using swift key since I got this phone, it's pretty good. I still like Swype better, so I downloaded it today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The latest Swype beta adds pretty accurate predictive text, which is the main feature SwiftKey had going for them.

I've used both and have always gone back to Swype. Now that they have added SwiftKeys main feature, and have implemented it well, I see no reason not to use Swype.

I actually just did a comparison of the two latest releases on my blog this week:

www.stltechtalk.com

I like SwiftKey, but I love Swype. Just a personal preference to me.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk 2

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Handcent SMS is much better than the stock messaging app.

Amazon Appstore is great for their Free App of the Day.

I use Opera Mobile because it gives me the most desktop-like browser experience and is quick too.

I use Pulse to read my RSS news feeds and I use Zite to discover new articles.

And, of course, Tapatalk 2!

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch