Bluetooth Audio Issue - Cracking / Popping

lordbannon

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with bluetooth audio?

Just got my Sprint GSIII yesterday, first thing I did was hook it up to the car stereo. Was getting a few strange crackling and popping sounds, but I thought nothing of it at the time. Then, later on I went to the gym and had it paired with my bluetooth headphones, and the issue was multiple times worse.

I then tried multiple music apps, and the issue happened in all of them. Swapped to a pair of wired headphones, no issue. Playback through the speaker is just fine. To confirm I didnt somehow screw up my headphones, went back to the Galaxy S II. Playback was just fine.

Hoping its a software thing, because I don't really want to deal with the hassle of a warranty exchange...

Runrgurl

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same phone (only through Verizon) and I have the exact same issue with the cracking and popping noise when I use bluetooth to stream the music through my car stereo. I had no problem at all with my old phone (Droid X).

I play Pandora all the time in the car, and this is very frustrating. Hope someone can help us soon.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I too have paired mine with a Honda Navi system and there is absolutely no crackle or pop with GMusic, Stock, Spotify, or calls.

Quite odd. Maybe you should swap your phone.

One King

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Iam having issues with mine pairing with media audio with my headset. the phone connects fine. is anyone else having the problem connecting with media audio?

Last edited:

livendive

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to stream audio to my car yet. I've got it paired up as a phone, but it doesn't recognize GMmusicconnect ('12 camaro) as a blue tooth headset of sorts like my droid2 did.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

medic2pa

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the loud cracking/popping when using the preinstalled bluetooth on my mercedes 07 gl320. Taking mine back today to the VZ corp store for an exchange. spoke with the rep there and we're going to test it on the replacement phone to see if it's an issue with a replacement. will let you know.
see this thread on XDA about tracking known "bugs" with the SGS3.
[BUGS] Post your issues here with the phone here | Updated: 7/4/12 - xda-developers

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's definitely an issue with your phone, mine has none of those issues. Only there is an issue with lag when you're watching Netflix or videos ... Does anyone have those issues I'm talking about?

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

767pilot#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. Did Verizon give you a new phone? My bluetooth sounds fine for phone, but if I set it to play audio, I get popping noises when listening to podcasts or music over bluetooth devices like speakers and through the car radio. Phone audio sounds fine

pa2825

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I thought it was maybe my Bluetooth. I have a relatively new Plantronics Voyager Pro HD and an older Plantronics which I think it's a 975 or 925. Both crack, pop, and suck! They worked great on my EVO. I'm very disappointed. I've only had this phone for 3 days. Love the phone, but if Bluetooth is going to be like this they can shove it where the sun don't shine. I refuse to hold a phone to my head. Bluetooth 4.0 should be better, not worse. Samsung, fix this or I will spread the word!

KDP

dalepa

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem.... Called tmobile, and they overnighted me a new S3... No more cracking, popping over bluetooth!!! I'm actually starting to like tmobile's customer service.

Mrs Smith

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have similar issue with Samsung Note 4/ AT&T. The Bose mini II bluetooth speakers mostly don't crackle & pop. It also doesn't make those annoying sounds paired to the 2015 Rav. However, just got a cheap bluetooth headset and the pops and cracks are driving me nuts.
Starting to feel using the phone for music is more trouble than it's worth.

Alex Johnson11

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
****MY FIX******

Had same problem; they way it worked for me was: 1) delete all Bluetooth devices associated with the speakers. 2) reconnect Bluetooth to speakers.

Elite_Gamespy

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with bluetooth audio?

Just got my Sprint GSIII yesterday, first thing I did was hook it up to the car stereo. Was getting a few strange crackling and popping sounds, but I thought nothing of it at the time. Then, later on I went to the gym and had it paired with my bluetooth headphones, and the issue was multiple times worse.

I then tried multiple music apps, and the issue happened in all of them. Swapped to a pair of wired headphones, no issue. Playback through the speaker is just fine. To confirm I didnt somehow screw up my headphones, went back to the Galaxy S II. Playback was just fine.

Hoping its a software thing, because I don't really want to deal with the hassle of a warranty exchange...

I have the same issue I have a Samsung galaxy j7 form t mobile and I have it bluetoothed to a MERKURY bluetooth speaker and when on Samsung music and screen is off it skipps and cracked and it is annoying me I truly hope this is a glitch and will be fixed soon other than that I'll be annoyed 😲😲😲😲😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡