Galaxy S3 isn't recognized on MacBook Pro help!

Crash Jackson

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: S3 isn't recognized on macbook pro help!

None of the recommendations have worked. I've selected both Media and Camera. The USB degger selection is toggled on. Android File Transfer just does not recognize my SIII no matter how many times I plug it in.

deaf258

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

I got it to work!! After completing step #3, wait a couple of minutes to give Kies some time to recognize the S3. Thanks to this tip found in the comments here!

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit,
the PhoneUtil application is launched.
Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode.
The good mode should be PDA.
Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

Now Kies should be able to find your phone..

:cool:

Darrell Harvey

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Completely uninstall Kies if you have it installed. AFT won't work if Kies is installed. That is what did the trick for me.

Brendon Matheson

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, i've tried all the options everyone has given on this post and i've got nowhere!

Android file transfer won't work and now Kies isn't finding my phone, does it really need to be this hard to transfer files onto a mac?

I much prefer Android, but my god this is such a pain in the a#*!!!!

PRKeating

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Help?

Galaxy 3 sync with iTunes/Outlook on Mac Pro (running OSX 10.8.5)???

I need help here. I have tried Kies via USB and via Air but cannot find a way to sync contacts and calendars. I can deal with iTunes music files. Help?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I have tried Kies via USB and via Air but cannot find a way to sync contacts and calendars.
Is your problem that Kies is not recognizing your phone, or that you can't sync with Outlook? If the latter, are you receiving an error message? I assume that you're using Kies v3?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante