How Do I Transfer My Blackberry Torch Calendar to Galaxy S3?
11-25-2013 11:48 AM
- I should receive my Galaxy S3 from Amazon in a few days and I was wondering how to transfer my calendar from my Blackberry Torch to it? Does the Kies software do it? Google search doesn't come up with anything specific to the Galaxy S3.
Contacts should be fairly simple...they are all on my SIM card so I just pop it into the Galaxy S3 right?
Any time I've upgraded I always went to the store and they transferred everything for me. In this case they still have no idea when they're getting stock and they said they should have them before the end of the month (even though the article stated 7/6). I got sick of waiting, lol.
It's also my first Android phone so I can't want to get it.
Thanks in advance.07-04-2012 01:55 PM
- hey im also coming from a torch to a galaxy3. im getting ready to transfer everything. i have a gmail account already cause i use google play on my playbook. i dont think theres an easy way to just transfer from phone to phone. what i did was i synced my calendar to google from outlook. i didnt see a way to sync contacts to google, im still working on it. i did sync the contacts and calendar to yahoo just to have options available. google has an app to sync from your phone, even for blackberries. i guess when i get the phone ill use that, or maybe it will be automatic since i will link my gmail account to the new phone. im gonna do some more searching see if i can make the sync easier.07-04-2012 02:18 PM
- Switched from blackberry. All you have to do is download google sync using your blackberry browser (just search "goolgle sync for blackberry" and you should find it). After you've installed the app, choose sync contacts and calendar. As soon as you start your S3 and put in your gmail account all your contacts will be there.07-04-2012 05:27 PM
- I downloaded Kies for Windows from Samsung. I was able to transfer my Outlook contact information and calendar to my GS3. I backed up my BB9810 using Desktop Manager and synched it with Outlook. Don't hit the synch button more than once as random contacts and calendar items are duplicated but are easy to remove.07-04-2012 07:13 PM
- It's weird because anytime I've entered a calendar event, in the top corner it said "send using:" and I would always choose my hotmail account.
I never had a gmail account and I just created one. When I go to google sync on my BB, I log in with my new gmail account. In options where it says "sync these calendars" the only option is my new gmail account...there is no option to select my hotmail account.
If I log into hotmail through the website and go to calendars, nothing is where...what am I missing?07-04-2012 10:25 PM
- It seems to only be downloading from my newly created gmail account, however there is nothing to be downloaded. For some reason I can't upload whats currently on my phone. Contacts and Calendars is checked but I cannot choose my Hotmail account in the settings. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?07-05-2012 10:26 AM
- I used blackberry desktop to move all of my info to outlook and then used myphoneexplorer to transfer everything to my s3. worked great. you can also set up your blackberry to sync everything to gmail and then when you set up your gmail acct on your s3 sync it back08-29-2012 06:26 PM
- I am trying to transfer my outlook items (Calendar, Contacts, Memos and Tasks) from my Blackberry Torch to my SG III. I have a blackberry backup file (.bbb) but Kies is unable to transfer from the file. I have taken the file off of the jump drive i had it saved on and put it on the hard drive of the computer I am using for the transfer process. I am unable to connect the Blackberry Torch to the internet to get the easy transfer because the SG III has been activated and the Torch is inactive with cell service. I am desperate to try and fix this problem without having to re-renter all the data from my Torch to the SG III. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks to all responders in advance!10-31-2012 06:22 PM
- Set up the email account associated with your Outlook account on the SIII. Then set up your contacts & calendar on the SIII to sync with it. I installed Evernote on my computer & synced my Outlook memos to it. Then I installed Evernote on the SIII & synced it. I just redid my tasks, but there's probably a way to do that.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums10-31-2012 10:40 PM
- I transitioned from RIM. Kies from the Samsung website to transfer from Outlook the contacts and calendar or There are a ton of power saving techniques. Select your Power Saving mode. Change your refresh rates. It could also be that you have a battery or an issue with the device.I hold down the homescreen button and shutdown tasks.11-29-2012 11:39 PM
- Here's how I transferred all my Blackberry Torch 9800's calendar events (1245 of them) to my new Samsung Galaxy S4
1. Download iCalendar Lite from Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
2. Create new (local) calendar, and save as 'yourcal.ics'
3. Open Blackberry Desktop Software (update software, and backup all device data)
4. Click 'Organizer' button
5. Click 'Calendar' box, then 'Configure'
6. Sync Direction: One way to you computer only; Sync: All calendar entries
7. Calendar account: Windows Calendar; configure.... locate 'yourcal.ics'
8. Click 'Sync Organizer' at lower right of BDS window
9. If you don't already have an @hotmail.com address, I suggest you create one for the transfer purpose. You can remove the account later on - it's only to facilitate the transfer. I haven't tried doing this with a Google account, but if it ain't broke, don't fix.
10. Once in Hotmail.com, go to Calendar and click on 'Import' at top of screen
11. Choose new or existing calendar, locate 'yourcal.ics' and import calendar.
Hope this works for you as well as it worked for me!11-25-2013 11:48 AMLike 1
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
How Do I Transfer My Blackberry Torch Calendar to Galaxy S3?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD