Loose power button?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a loose power button? Mine seems loose but it still had the click and seems to work just fine. The bottom of it seems to be the most loose. Is this normal with this device or Samsung devices in general? Any thoughts? Thanks! :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
That's how mine is, I'm not worried since I got it in a tpu case. So far is my only complain on the hardware

Thanks for letting me know! Others feel free to join in too! :)

Otherwise that is my only complaint too! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After going to my local ATT store tonight they couldn't believe how loose it was. They replaced it today and I now have a much tighter fitting power button! :)

Reactions: broadwayblues

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad they replaced it. I have a sprint galaxy s3 and it is not loose at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: b0btech

tripsbacks

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
As I posted in another thread there was a defect in the housing of my phone so the teeth of some of the corners of the battery door would not snap in place. I finally got sprint to send me another phone which should be here by Saturday. The hardware seems OK to me but I do see the physical buttons as future problems with heavy use.

basslion

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
hello. my power button is loose. if i press down on either the top or bottom of the button, the button has a chance to get stuck inside the casing and will produce an infinite reset issue. I have to say i am very surprised samsung did not put the power button on the very top of the device and make it higher quality then just flimsy plastic. 700.00 for a full plastic housed phone.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
hello. my power button is loose. if i press down on either the top or bottom of the button, the button has a chance to get stuck inside the casing and will produce an infinite reset issue. I have to say i am very surprised samsung did not put the power button on the very top of the device and make it higher quality then just flimsy plastic. 700.00 for a full plastic housed phone.

Get it replaced. It isn't supposed to do that. And the power button is perfect the way it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

You are not paying $700 for the phone housing rather the features and performance of the phone. It is a matter of personal preference but power button is better placed on the side making it easier to use with one hand. Many high-end smartphone such as the HOX also have polycarbonate cases. Carbon fiber and mettalic cases tend to reduce the capabilities of the radio though not much and it depends on how much and where. I would have liked for the phone to have a more premium looking build and feel but am glad to trade off performance and function which are more important as I am not worried about how the phone looks with what I am wearing.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my replacement phone 2 days ago...on the 30th day since purchase...to try and resolve a battery/radio issue.

I only just now realized my power button is not quite as firm as my first one was. It does not have as much of a click to it and is slightly harder to press. I'm not sure if I'll get used to this or if it's going to be annoying but I am past the 30 days so I'm somewhat stuck with it!

The main thing seems to be that if I press it in the center it is perfectly fine..but if I am off to the side a bit it will require a much harder press...a soft press only making it lean in one direction without triggering the action. I wonder if there's a way to fix this myself...

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I hate to resurrect an old thread but I am having the same problem. I bought my phone though however October 5th. Getting a replacement tomorrow. Just wanted to let you guys know and maybe other people who have bought the phone around the same time as my self. My girlfriends GS3 is a blue and she hasn't had any problems with her button.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
dont apologise for searching an old thread mate.. more people should do it.
i actualy never use my power button EVER so it should be ok.
i use home button to wake the phone up and get to lock screen and use a proximity sensor app to switch it off if i close flip case, put the phone face down or in my pocket, or just touch the sensor.
think theres widgets to turn phone off too :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine is in a case so haven't really noticed it, but I don't think its anything to worry about...they prolly made it feel a bit loose so its easier to press

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar