Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Loose power button?

Has anyone noticed a loose power button? Mine seems loose but it still had the click and seems to work just fine. The bottom of it seems to be the most loose. Is this normal with this device or Samsung devices in general? Any thoughts? Thanks! :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Loose power button?

That's how mine is, I'm not worried since I got it in a tpu case. So far is my only complain on the hardware
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by aledc78 View Post
    That's how mine is, I'm not worried since I got it in a tpu case. So far is my only complain on the hardware
    Thanks for letting me know! Others feel free to join in too! :-)

Otherwise that is my only complaint too! :-)

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

No one else has anymore feed back?

My power button is fully intact. Barely any wiggle at all.

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Maybe I should have ATT take a look at it... Oh well.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

After going to my local ATT store tonight they couldn't believe how loose it was. They replaced it today and I now have a much tighter fitting power button!
    Thanked by:

Glad they replaced it. I have a sprint galaxy s3 and it is not loose at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

mines just fine.little squeaky at times tho.

AT&T SIII, sunny FL

As I posted in another thread there was a defect in the housing of my phone so the teeth of some of the corners of the battery door would not snap in place. I finally got sprint to send me another phone which should be here by Saturday. The hardware seems OK to me but I do see the physical buttons as future problems with heavy use.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

ATT replaced my s3! New s3 is much better.

hello. my power button is loose. if i press down on either the top or bottom of the button, the button has a chance to get stuck inside the casing and will produce an infinite reset issue. I have to say i am very surprised samsung did not put the power button on the very top of the device and make it higher quality then just flimsy plastic. 700.00 for a full plastic housed phone.

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    ATT replaced my s3! New s3 is much better.

How is it now? Are you still using the Defender screen protector? Mine appears to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by basslion View Post
    hello. my power button is loose. if i press down on either the top or bottom of the button, the button has a chance to get stuck inside the casing and will produce an infinite reset issue. I have to say i am very surprised samsung did not put the power button on the very top of the device and make it higher quality then just flimsy plastic. 700.00 for a full plastic housed phone.
    Get it replaced. It isn't supposed to do that. And the power button is perfect the way it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

mines fine so far but ive heard bad things about samsung builds and this is my 1st...

Quote Originally Posted by basslion View Post
    You are not paying $700 for the phone housing rather the features and performance of the phone. It is a matter of personal preference but power button is better placed on the side making it easier to use with one hand. Many high-end smartphone such as the HOX also have polycarbonate cases. Carbon fiber and mettalic cases tend to reduce the capabilities of the radio though not much and it depends on how much and where. I would have liked for the phone to have a more premium looking build and feel but am glad to trade off performance and function which are more important as I am not worried about how the phone looks with what I am wearing.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,239 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

I got my replacement phone 2 days ago...on the 30th day since purchase...to try and resolve a battery/radio issue.

I only just now realized my power button is not quite as firm as my first one was. It does not have as much of a click to it and is slightly harder to press. I'm not sure if I'll get used to this or if it's going to be annoying but I am past the 30 days so I'm somewhat stuck with it!

The main thing seems to be that if I press it in the center it is perfectly fine..but if I am off to the side a bit it will require a much harder press...a soft press only making it lean in one direction without triggering the action. I wonder if there's a way to fix this myself...

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

I hate to resurrect an old thread but I am having the same problem. I bought my phone though however October 5th. Getting a replacement tomorrow. Just wanted to let you guys know and maybe other people who have bought the phone around the same time as my self. My girlfriends GS3 is a blue and she hasn't had any problems with her button.
    Bye iPhone Hello Samsung GS3

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

dont apologise for searching an old thread mate.. more people should do it.
    i actualy never use my power button EVER so it should be ok.
    i use home button to wake the phone up and get to lock screen and use a proximity sensor app to switch it off if i close flip case, put the phone face down or in my pocket, or just touch the sensor.
    think theres widgets to turn phone off too

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Mine is in a case so haven't really noticed it, but I don't think its anything to worry about...they prolly made it feel a bit loose so its easier to press

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah a case makes big difference.

mine is solid though (giggidy)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    smooth4lyfe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    dont apologise for searching an old thread mate.. more people should do it.
    i actualy never use my power button EVER so it should be ok.
    i use home button to wake the phone up and get to lock screen and use a proximity sensor app to switch it off if i close flip case, put the phone face down or in my pocket, or just touch the sensor.
    think theres widgets to turn phone off too

I find touching the sensor on apps I've used to be very iffy and non responsive when you need it to be

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
    -S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

well the one u suggested to me is still serving me well mate lol. it beeps when i touch the status bar (dev' assures me he'l make that optional or use vibrate on next update) but it never turns off by mistake and never NOT turns it off when i close flip case or put phone face down

GT-I9300, UK

Yes, I got my S3 just about 10 days back and noticed that sometimes my screen would not turn off for extended periods even when I was not using the phone and even with the flap cover on the phone. It was an intermittent problem but bothered me because the battery would go low with screen in always "on" position. While trying to figure out the reasons for this, I found that the power switch was loose, that means less spring action to bring it back to normal position. I think when the switch remained in pressed position the screen will not turn off. Since the phone was just about 10 days old I took it back to Fido (my Carrier) thinking that it will be replaced but that was another horrific experience. They said they have to see the problem themselves of screen remaining on, before they could take any action, which was weird because this was an intermittent issue. After a lot explaining to Fido and showing that the switch is loose, they took the phone and sent it to Samsung for repairs.
    Now I am without my S3 for last week and do not know what samsung is going to do about that. If they replace it then it is Ok and if they have a contracting service centre then I think I am doomed.

So guys watch out for S3.

Hey there guys with S3's . So after 4 months of being mad at myself for buying a phone with a loose power button, I finally called samsung and they said that they offer a warranty so i guess ill send my phone in there for repair.Lets hope it will work better and i suggest that all of you go there if your s3 has any problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast