Samsung Galaxy S3 Gripes

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So I have now had my S3 for about a week now and feel I can put out some things an iPhone faithful doesn't like about it. I'm first a foremost an iPhone user (as my main phone). I have the Galaxy Note switched to it as my main driver thought it was the key to my small screen problems 3 days later said ahh like it could love it but not for me. I had Razr Maxx etc. and now I'm on the S3. This will be my main phone for now on, but here is my biggest gripe lag. This phone just lags all day. Now I aka over exaggerating a bit by saying all day but what I mean is mtg keyboard lags, playing games like Temple Run and racing games definitly lags anyone who questions me I'll make a quick video post it to YouTube for you because I know people will say nuh uh not mine you're lying blah blah blah. S Voice is terrible just terrible compared to Siri I'll make a video of that as well although there are plenty. Last gripe this SD Card bug why can't I save apps to my 64Gig SD Card what is going on with that b.s. besides all that I love it. It is now my main phone and will remain my main phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Last edited:

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow.

I think your biggest gripe should be you can't type well on it.

It's simple. If you don't like it then return/sell it and go back to the iPhone. Don't worry, we'll somehow manage to go on without another iPhone fanboy trying to use Android.

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App

justby

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that phonemaster123 has the 1gb RAM version. No one I know has experienced these types of issues with the 2gb.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just go back to the i-phone. End of story!!

My ONLY gripe about Samsung (not the phone) is that I wish they would of given us BLACK headsets rather than the STUPID white ones!!! :mad:

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Wow, no lag here! In fact, the only time I 've seen this phone stutter is when I was in the boonies with a bad reception. Wifi cleared that right up. My uncle was comparing this with his iPhone4s and was quite impressed (and a little envious) of this phone's performance and screen size.

felyke

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I used my iPhone 4s for 6 months before changing to the S3. I haven't noticed a significant lag. And I like this phone better specially because of the bigger screen and good battery life. S Voice may not be as good as siri but after the Jelly Bean update I wonder who will use S voice. My opinion is that you may be doing something wrong or do a factory reset. The phone is amazing really and I can do everything I could on an iPhone but faster on a bigger screen and even more. I really missed android. So good to be back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
S voice was never good to begin with from the reviews that I have read, so I don't know why you are complaining about it.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't even begin to comprehend what the OP was trying to say. I guess the iPhone keyboard is way different from the ones we use on Android phones.

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i agree with you op, not only is iphone 100x better than android, but lebron james is also 100x better than michael jordan. !!!!!

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As painful as it was to read what the OP had to say, I have to agree on the issue about Temple Run lag. Playing Temple Run on my S3 is almost impossible. Looking at the reviews on Google Play, it appears Temple Run had a recent update that might be causing the lag. A number of people have complained of this issue most of them not on S3. So at this point I am not sure if it's fair to pin this lag on the S3.

Reactions: phonejunky

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Iphone fan boys should not login to android forums to vent frustrations about not being able to use their android phones.

Hey, we don't go to your house and pee on your pool! I :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Jesus this forum is hostile. Ok so I have the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S. I'm not just some random iPhone fanboy so please stop referring to me as that. I own more android phones then most of you can afford to own or have ever used for more then a day or touching the screen in a cell phone vendor. I explained some gripes and have been called all types of nonsense, without any of you knowing ny knowledge base of android. Thanks to the last poster for relating to me on Temple Run I knew I wasn't crazy. Anyway if anyone has a solution with the lag problem.

The phones in the pic are the Nexus S, Samsung Note, HTC One X. I also win a Motorola photon, and Galaxy Nexus which are in my car and I didn't feel like going to get them.

Reactions: locote25

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Your statement about having more android phones than we can afford makes you sound more and more like an apple fanboy. Having android phones and actually knowing what to do with them is 2 different things as proven by your situation. This is the best phone out, hands down. Take some time to learn it before you post those issues. Someone out here is possibly making a decision on the phone based on your comments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So I have now had my S3 for about a week now and feel I can put out stone things an iPhone faithful doesn't like about it. First I'm first a foremost an iPhone user as my main phone. I have the Galaxy Note switched to it as Kyle main driver thought it was the key time my seal screen problems 3 days later said ahh like it could love it but not for me. I had Razr Maxx everything and now I'm on the S3. This will be my main phone for now on, but here is my biggest gripe lag. This phone just lags all day. Now I aka over exaggerating a bit by saying all day but what I mean is mtg keyboard lags, playing games like Temple Run and racing games definitly lags anyone who questions me I'll make a quick video post it to YouTube for you because I know people will say nuh uh not mine you're lying blah blah blah. S Voice is terrible just terrible compared to Siri I'll make a video of that as well although there are plenty. Last gripe this SD Card bug why can't I save apps to my 64Gig SD Card what is going on with that b.s. besides all that I love it. It is now my main phone and will remain my main phone.

Do some research about apps to sd in ICS. You'll find out why the option isn't there. Could you save apps to sd on your iPhone? Did your iPhone even have an external memory slot? I have a question for you, what even made you get the S3? Seems like you were very happy with your iPhone

Reactions: Bsk8r999

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
besides all that I love it. It is now my main phone and will remain my main phone.

^^^ Read above guys. Come on, lighten up on him, jeez it is looking hostile in here lately. I understand there have been a bunch of stupid threads lately, mostly from iPhone fans, but there's no reason to go apesh*t on this guy.

As for the lag, I don't have any lag whatsoever... though I've not played temple run on my phone. However, as someone mentioned about an update that caused the problem it most certainly is an issue with programming and compatibility either with ICS or the S3, and I bet an update will come out that will fix it. I play full 1280x720 HD movies on my phone and there's no lag. There's no lag going to the home screen like some have reported even if S-Voice is turned off. I have it turned on and still have *never once* had a lag when pressing the button. So I dunno, everyone has different experiences, but instead of blaming the phone in a post entitled "gripes" why not just instead have posted about the problem asking for a solution? You'd get much more helpful replies then the slaughterhouse ;)

Rev.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Do some research about apps to sd in ICS. You'll find out why the option isn't there. Could you save apps to sd on your iPhone? Did your iPhone even have an external memory slot? I have a question for you, what even made you get the S3? Seems like you were very happy with your iPhone

Check my last post I'm not new to android. From what I was told it is a software glitch because of Samsung, not anything dealing with ICS. I guess I'll look into other phones with ics being able to do this to prove you wrong or right.

Last edited:

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Your statement about having more android phones than we can afford makes you sound more and more like an apple fanboy. Having android phones and actually knowing what to do with them is 2 different things as proven by your situation. This is the best phone out, hands down. Take some time to learn it before you post those issues. Someone out here is possibly making a decision on the phone based on your comments.

How would you respond to an onslaught of post attacking you as if you are a brand new android user. I made some comments on what I didn't like in an open forum and boom it was like world war 3 in here. That is just sad. This forum atmosphere is worse then crackberry and you all have no reason to be. This platform is doing very well with tons of developer support. Is it against forum rules to have complaints about a phone that I chose to use as my family driver. I've had complaints with the iPhone as well, my galaxy nexus, my note etc.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Read above guys. Come on, lighten up on him, jeez it is looking hostile in here lately. I understand there have been a bunch of stupid threads lately, mostly from iPhone fans, but there's no reason to go apesh*t on this guy.

As for the lag, I don't have any lag whatsoever... though I've not played temple run on my phone. However, as someone mentioned about an update that caused the problem it most certainly is an issue with programming and compatibility either with ICS or the S3, and I bet an update will come out that will fix it. I play full 1280x720 HD movies on my phone and there's no lag. There's no lag going to the home screen like some have reported even if S-Voice is turned off. I have it turned on and still have *never once* had a lag when pressing the button. So I dunno, everyone has different experiences, but instead of blaming the phone in a post entitled "gripes" why not just instead have posted about the problem asking for a solution? You'd get much more helpful replies then the slaughterhouse ;)

Rev.

Hey, what format are you running on your S3? Are x264 formatted files running smoothly on your S3 or should we just stick to Xvid??

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Jesus this forum is hostile. Ok so I have the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S. I'm not just some random iPhone fanboy so please stop referring to me as that. I own more android phones then most of you can afford to own or have ever used for more then a day or touching the screen in a cell phone vendor. I explained some gripes and have been called all types of nonsense, without any of you knowing ny knowledge base of android. Thanks to the last poster for relating to me on Temple Run I knew I wasn't crazy. Anyway if anyone has a solution with the lag problem.

The phones in the pic are the Nexus S, Samsung Note, HTC One X. I also win a Motorola photon, and Galaxy Nexus which are in my car and I didn't feel like going to get them.

im sure the lag in temple run is from the game and not caused by the phone. If it doesnt lag on my lg optimus s, it shouldnt lag on the s3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22