Android must fix text editing problem in browsers

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You guys are hilarious. Just for the heck of it after seeing this thread I decided to pull it up on my S3 to respond. I am now typing and editing text with *zero* problems in Dolphin HD with SwiftKey 3. Just to show I also have no issue with copy and paste I am going to copy this entire post and paste it following - so you will see it twice.

You guys are hilarious. Just for the heck of it after seeing this thread I decided to pull it up on my S3 to respond. I am now typing and editing text with *zero* problems in Dolphin HD with SwiftKey 3. Just to show I also have no issue with copy and paste I am going to copy this entire post and paste it following - so you will see it twice.

Rev.

So because you are unable to read the text of the thread clearly indicating the problem is related to CHROME, these problems don't exist. I seriously hate the open source community sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
" are unable to read the text of the thread clearly indicating the problem is related to CHROME, these cornholios don't exist and are just"

You guys say you can't copy/paste/edit in Chrome? I just did.?

It has problems glitching out in text boxes such as on desktop versions of forums.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
They definitely do not want to upset the Android nation.....
4257542b-f2f7-f607.jpg

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
problems witching out in text boxes

Just did it again in desktop mode. Maybe I don't understand the problem you guys are having. I will say, however, that sometimes it's the website that presents issues. Engadget is always a lot of "fun."

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
problems witching out in text boxes

Just did it again in desktop mode. Maybe I don't understand the problem you guys are having. I will say, however, that sometimes it's the website that presents issues. Engadget is always a lot of "fun."

Well with firefox, holding down a tap doesn't even bring up the interface for editing in text boxes. With Chrome, the cursors show up but don't position where you actually tap, and sometimes don't select the text in between the cursors. The specific place this is happening to me is the anandtech forum private message text box. Maybe it is a problem with the forum software and not android or android browsers but I've never had this problem before and I find it quite annoying as I can't reply to private messages on my phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
..so if it works in other browsers, shouldn't the thread title be "App developers must fix their text editing problem"?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
..so if it works in other browsers, shouldn't the thread title be "App developers must fix their text editing problem"?

I dunno, why don't you ask the OP. FFS, I swear getting help with android stuff is like pulling teeth. Have you even tried editing text in a text box using Chrome or Firefox? Which is the purpose of this thread ostensibly?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

You're a douche. Not wasting my time responding to single thing you post from now on. ;-) Rev.

Firstly, I said you guys are hilarious because lately there are a ton of problems blaming Android as having some critical flaw when it's not Android but a particular device or app that is causing the problem, as this thread clearly shows. The thread title is "Android must fix text editing problem in browsers" then the guy changes his post to say it's a Chrome issue. Yeah, I find that amusing, so sue me.

Secondly, this is NOT YOUR THREAD! How dare you take what I posted as a personal insult! I wasn't even referring to you!

Thirdly, you're an a-hole because you put words in my mouth that I didn't say anywhere. I like that instead of simply apologizing you try to backup your post = FAIL. I didn't call anyone a troll, I didn't mention iPhone's anywhere, and I didn't use the term fanboy.

Rev.

And the open source community hates you guys for whining so much... and claiming that every little thing you don't understand is a "GIGANTIC AND FATAL ANDROID FLAW"... so it looks like the feeling is mutual. :p

Any more threads from iPhone users today??? LOL

If you don't have the problem that the OP posted, and you're going to give some dick head unhelpful response, then move on to the next thread.

It's super that you don't have the issue that was originally posted, but obviously the person that posted does. So, perhaps you can help them troubleshoot instead of calling them idiots, iPhone users, or saying their complaint is hilarious.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you pressing inside the text area... Sometimes on a web site text box, you will see a flashing slash ,but you still have to press inside the text box. Thats if it doesn't start filling in when your typing.

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, why don't you ask the OP. FFS, I swear getting help with android stuff is like pulling teeth. Have you even tried editing text in a text box using Chrome or Firefox? Which is the purpose of this thread ostensibly?

I didn't quote you. Me posting my question was basically asking the OP. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar