[Review] Spigen SGP Leather Pouch Crumena

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Bought this leather pouch on Amazon.com for $29.99 immediately after receiving my SIII...I was so paranoid carrying it around naked. I ordered it on a Saturday and got it on Monday with Amazon Prime free 2 day shipping and am pretty happy with it.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Leather Pouch Crumena for Samsung Galaxy SIII, S3 for Verizon, Sprint, Tmobile, AT&T and other Carriers [Black]: Electronics

Here's my review on Amazon.com:

I've been using this for only 36 hour on my new AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII. It appears to be of good quality and the fit is nice and snug, just like I wanted. I hate using "cases" because I like my phone naked but it needs something to keep it safe in pocket and when carrying it around...and this works.

It will probably loosen up a bit with some more use but once I put the phone in, I have to give it a little extra push to really get all the way down and make the speaker line up with the hole. The phone is so loud already it hardly matters though.

It's also plenty easy to remove the phone with the little strap - you just give it a little tug and the phone comes out an inch or two and is easy to remove afterwards. You don't have to worry about over-doing it and rocketing the phone out either - it stays snug and awaits your second effort to fully remove it. As such, it's a little annoying that it's a two step process to retrieve the phone. My OEM BlackBerry leather pouch that I used with my Torch 9800 left the top of the phone exposed so I could just grip the sides and pull it out in one motion. Also worth noting -and my main gripe about this case- is that you cannot see the LED notifications (as I could with the BB pouch).

Lastly and very minor: when you put the phone in, the magnetic part of the strap does not always flip down. The magnet is only above the strap's opening and so sometimes the little flap is below it and thus not magnetically attached yet. This doesn't seem to be much of a problem at all so far but something I noted. Sometimes when I give the phone that extra push to get it really down in the pouch the magnet snaps into place...gave me a little scare the first few times as I thought I had snapped something in/on the phone itself! Not a problem though.

Lastly...the phone is so thin - it's pretty amazing for a device with such a large screen. Even in this pouch it's still a very thin item in my pockets. I'd be totally afraid to put it in my back pocket of my jeans and sit on it though!

Reactions: bgl321

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how this is holding up for you a month later? I love pouch cases and the Crumena is by far the best looking case.

It's been solid. I still wish I could see the LED but overall it's working fine for me and I'm not looking for anything else. I would recommend it for sure.

Reactions: bgl321

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would like it if it were side loaded (horizontally) rather than vertically. Looks like a very nice case though!

ManiacZapz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This may sound stupid, but to be able to see the LED, you could go to your local shoe repair business, ask to use the belt hole tool, select the required setting and then punch your own hole where the LED light would show through. It looks like the status LED is below the stitching, so punching a hole through shouldn't damage the pouch, just make sure you create the hole in the right spot!

it is basically what the factory would have done to create the hole for the speaker.