Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By LazrRocketArm
  • 2 Post By BEARD GANG
  • 1 Post By superscientific
  • 1 Post By FARCrow
  • 1 Post By superscientific
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Rolling Out Substantial Update to S III

But not to the US versions of the phone. Guess we have to wait, and wait.

Anyone have an International version that can comment on what this update did for your phone?

Samsung Rolling Out Substantial Update to the Unbranded Galaxy S3, Brings New Features and Improvements
    http://www.androidcentral.com/intern...ghtness-slider

Default Re: Samsung Rolling Out Substantial Update to S III

I have the Telus S3.

Hopefully, it fixes S Voice and all the Diving Mode issues. I find S Voice sucks. My friend just upgraded his Nexus to Jellybean and the Google Voice on it incredible. We asked the same questions and 9 times out of 10, S Voice couldn't answer and his gave him the answer.

Driving Mode doesn't work either. It won't read text messages, emails or let me voice dial to call someone.

Other than that, I love the phone.

Havent noticed much except for whats listed on the blog..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for AT&T.

The phone is only officially out in stores for AT&T as of today.
    And we are complaining about waiting for an update to the phone? Wow, we are impatient. Even the people getting the international had to wait a month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    20blks 

Another minor find.. when holding the power button the menu now displays sound options like silent etc..

Thanked by 2:
    Alfonsca and Geikamir like this.

The menu on long press of the power button has always been there.

The most significant thing appears to be that they have removed the brightness control in the browser.. it just works from the main brightness control now.
    Speaking of which, this is now adjustable in the notification area.

There is a bunch of other stuff, take a look here :
    Thanked by:

I have the international version...no update for me yet...guess I have to be patient

shb

what is the different between the international version i9300 than the ATT i797 ? Can the i9300 work with ATT LTE ?

international = quad core 1gb ram, no LTE.
    us version = dual core, 2gb ram, LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_C View Post
    The menu on long press of the power button has always been there.

The most significant thing appears to be that they have removed the brightness control in the browser.. it just works from the main brightness control now.
    Speaking of which, this is now adjustable in the notification area.

There is a bunch of other stuff, take a look here :
    Yes but i said the sound options at the bottom is new

Does it still prompt you to confirm your choice every time you change the sound mode from the power button menu? That's really annoying right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by FARCrow View Post
    Does it still prompt you to confirm your choice every time you change the sound mode from the power button menu? That's really annoying right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    No it jus changes and vibrates

Thanked by:

That's great to know, thank you! Can't wait to update my device just to get rid of that prompt and really hoping that somewhere hidden in that update is a fix for the extreme power drain my device suffers from.

Update: Darn the update I got today is the previous version: Baseband version I9300XXLF2, build number: IMM76D.I9300XXALF2

Guess our region is lagging behind for some reason even though my device is the International unlocked model
    Last edited by FARCrow; 07-06-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Still waiting on verizon. Got am email today it's on it's way. Yah! Hopefully monday

Quote Originally Posted by FARCrow View Post
    That's great to know, thank you! Can't wait to update my device just to get rid of that prompt and really hoping that somewhere hidden in that update is a fix for the extreme power drain my device suffers from.

Update: Darn the update I got today is the previous version: Baseband version I9300XXLF2, build number: IMM76D.I9300XXALF2

Guess our region is lagging behind for some reason even though my device is the International unlocked model
    I didnt even get an OTA...had to do it thru kies

I use Odin for the update, Kies is a rubbish price of software especially for updating. I keep Odin in dropbox so our is easy to update from anywhere..

I got my update OTA. It took only about 5-10 minutes tops. I have noticed a performance increase and after spending 24 hours with it I have also noticed battery performance to be increased as well. Here is a quick video I made showing some of the differences I have found. Have you guys found anymore?
    [YT][/YT]
    Thanked by:
    wilfreb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sir.mervyn.king View Post
    I didnt even get an OTA...had to do it thru kies.
    Same here, no OTA, only through Kies. Strange thing is other countries in the same region have gotten the LFB update. Oh well, previous update better than no update at all although I'm looking forward to the newer Sound mode toggle and Brightness controls. Small features like that make a huge impact on the day-to-day use of the device.
    Latino293 likes this.

did the update on my uk galaxy s3 last night via kies and now i cant make calls everytime i try i get ' unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped working' message

Ive tried factory reset and its still doing it, Have called samsung support but they cannot call me back until monday! anyone have any ideas?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

when this does come out... Should rooted users take the update or hold off?

Quote Originally Posted by jamsterdm View Post
    did the update on my uk galaxy s3 last night via kies and now i cant make calls everytime i try i get ' unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped working' message

Ive tried factory reset and its still doing it, Have called samsung support but they cannot call me back until monday! anyone have any ideas?
    Most likely didnt install correctly...try clean install again

I also found that my battery now charges to 100%. It used to only charge to 99% then quickly drop to 98%. I could never get it to go to 100%. Now it does it with no problems.
    Latino293 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jamsterdm View Post

Had the same problem when anyone tried to phone me. Did a Factory Reset and it solved the problem for me.