11-06-2014 05:38 PM
- Anyone had any luck with getting the text message functionality on the Ford/Microsoft Sync working with the GS3? I have a 2010 Model that is fully updated and it keeps saying phone is not supported. I thought the S3 supported Bluetooth MAP and had hoped that would allow it to work. If anyone has gotten this working successfully was there anything special that needed to be done?07-07-2012 03:09 AM
- You guys are not crazy.. it's not really only the phone that's an issue. This is a problem with Ford's system not knowing how to read the databases of advanced smartphones. The BlackBerry may not have had the same issue with some models of sync because it still stores txt messages in much the same way as old feature phones. iPhone and Android use a different (more modern) solution and older Ford cars won't be able to read those for a while if ever. If I'm not mistaken, the MyFord Touch system just started supporting txt for Android and iPhone for the 2013 model year. It might possible for Ford to update older systems, but I'm of the opinion they can't invest the time and effort since the code base is now obsolete.07-07-2012 08:54 AM
- I've got a 2008 Lincoln with Sync and I have been told by Ford that the latest and final update for my car.
I can connect using Bluetooth, play music and podcasts but not control what plays. I can pause and go to the next or last song. I can also use voice dialing with my address book stored in Sync. But no text messaging!07-07-2012 02:35 PM
- Just got my GS3 today and Sync will not read my text messages. If I go to Text Messages in the SYNC menu, it says they aren't supported. I tried the instructions in the link provided and I don't even have a MAP Settings option under advanced.
Things worked fine with my Droid X until I flashed CM7 on it two months ago. I thought the BT stack on that image/radio were old.
Going to track down an iPhone to see if that works.
Hoping someone finds a solution.07-10-2012 06:59 PM
- My Galaxy Nexus wouldn't sync messages on my 2012 SEL Ford Focus but my S3 does. The message showed up on the screen. I had to click to read it but it worked. Probably have to go to aux for it to read it to me, not sure haven't played with it yet. Progress. I've had the Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus and now the Galaxy S3 and this is the first phone it will do anything with messages.07-22-2012 06:59 PM
- From the looks of it I am out of luck as far as text messaging from the MyFord(Lincoln)Touch version of sync. Everything I have found says there is no way to make it work with the 2010 version of the sync system. It's too bad too since it's probably a fairly simple update Ford could do to get it functional. I'd also like to see artist/song info when streaming over bluetooth, but I think that's going to have to remain a dream on the older sync systems.07-22-2012 09:36 PM
- 07-24-2012 08:10 AM
- Thanks Wontfinishlast. Sounds a bit promising. I suspect the only way podcast info would work is if either Android creates a stock podcast player or if you have one of those systems like Honda is introducing that allows the phone head unit to control the phone.
Mike07-24-2012 03:36 PM
- From the looks of it I am out of luck as far as text messaging from the MyFord(Lincoln)Touch version of sync. Everything I have found says there is no way to make it work with the 2010 version of the sync system. It's too bad too since it's probably a fairly simple update Ford could do to get it functional. I'd also like to see artist/song info when streaming over bluetooth, but I think that's going to have to remain a dream on the older sync systems.
Has anyone confirmed that the S3 has the MAP profile?
<edit> I have the non-touchscreen/non-nav Sync system. Ford says there's no way to disable MAP on that version. It's on by default (obviously, since my DroidX worked out of the box). </edit>07-26-2012 08:32 PM
- In my 2010 Fusion Hybrid Sync would read my Droid Bionic text messages, but not my new GS3. My mom has a 2013 Edge with My Ford Touch and it will read the messages. Too bad that Ford has abandoned the original Sync System. Guess I'll just have to lease a 2014 Fusion Energi...07-27-2012 08:19 AM
- I have a 2011 escape and a 2012 focus, both with sync, both work great on reading texts... had to turn on map profiles in the sync options, I think it was in the advanced system options...
Both syncs are updated to the latest version.
Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 209-03-2012 06:59 AM
- PrincessKick, did you have any success getting the text messaging to work with your HTC One X? I'm having problems with getting the phone to show up as an acceptable phone even though it is on the Sync website as a phone that will send and receive text messages. Curious to hear if you got yours to work...09-17-2012 02:26 PM
- I work with the Ford Sync system everyday and know which phones work with which features. Every month there are new issues with certain phones. The iPhone supported the texting features of Sync until early 2012. The recent software update to some iPhones now allows the texting feature to work again. I have had over a dozen iPhone users come to see me recently and their texting feature now works. The Synx texting feature will read a text message to you even if the vehicle is moving. You can text out from the vehicle but the vehicle must be stopped. There are 15 built in messages which you access on the screen. For vehicles with MyFord Touch you can even type in additional messages.09-30-2012 05:50 PM
- Sorry for digging up this old thread, but since there are so many questions about this issue, I'll dig it up so we can start beating the dead horse again.
I saw the option on my 2012 Focus SEL to send a message, but it never worked. One thing I missed is that MAP is turned OFF by default in my Gen 1 SYNC version 3.1.1. So, with my phone connected, I then went into the phone advanced options. The menu system for Gen 1 is a bit clunky, so many will MISS the advanced options and see the option to turn MAP on(or off). If MAP is not enabled, you shouldn't expect text messaging to work.
I just enabled it, and will test it later.11-06-2012 11:44 AM
- Confirmed that SYNC Gen 1 3.1.1 works properly with the Galaxy S3 complete with MAP support. The real trick is turning it on in the SYNC software, and also making sure you tell your phone to allow SYNC to access messages(don't ask again checked when you say OK).11-08-2012 07:19 PMLike 1
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD