1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cause of SIII fire determined

Did you hear about the SGS3 that exploded/caught fire? It really happened, this is no joke, but not to worry. There is a picture here:

The guy admitted that someone was trying to dry the wet phone in a stupid way (likely a microwave).

Sad thing is that Samsung took care of him right away with a new, personally delivered phone for his stupid actions.

I wonder how Samsung will handle this. Pursue legal action? Leave as is, maybe get some good publicity?

Default Re: Cause of SIII fire determined

I really hope that gets punished. He could have caused so much damage to Samsung... especially because the phone was just being launched when he came out with his "story".

Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz Release 11

The best thing Samsung can do is what they have done, they gave him a new phone right away and then determined it was a fake. Pursuing legal action, however justified, isn't going to be helpful from a PR stance.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

In my opinion it did not take an investigation to determine this guy was full of it. I knew it was a lie from the very beginning. I believe Samsung should make this guy write a public apology.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Dumbass. He even removed the water indicator.
    beh

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

The phone owner has in fact posted a retraction on the same forum he posted the fire story. Not really an apology but fully retracts post saying a friend got his phone wet and tried drying it out using a microwave oven.