Did you hear about the SGS3 that exploded/caught fire? It really happened, this is no joke, but not to worry. There is a picture here:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...andset-catches

The guy admitted that someone was trying to dry the wet phone in a stupid way (likely a microwave).
    global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=16161

Sad thing is that Samsung took care of him right away with a new, personally delivered phone for his stupid actions.

I wonder how Samsung will handle this. Pursue legal action? Leave as is, maybe get some good publicity?
    07-07-2012 07:02 AM
    I really hope that gets punished. He could have caused so much damage to Samsung... especially because the phone was just being launched when he came out with his "story".
    07-07-2012 07:57 AM
    The best thing Samsung can do is what they have done, they gave him a new phone right away and then determined it was a fake. Pursuing legal action, however justified, isn't going to be helpful from a PR stance.
    07-07-2012 08:40 AM
    In my opinion it did not take an investigation to determine this guy was full of it. I knew it was a lie from the very beginning. I believe Samsung should make this guy write a public apology.
    07-07-2012 04:11 PM
    Dumbass. He even removed the water indicator.
    07-07-2012 04:46 PM
    The phone owner has in fact posted a retraction on the same forum he posted the fire story. Not really an apology but fully retracts post saying a friend got his phone wet and tried drying it out using a microwave oven.
    07-07-2012 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD