Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default White vs. Blue S3

I was unable to pre order the S3 due to my company paying for my phone and having to go through the company website to order my phone.

I went into beat buy early this week and saw a dummy white S3 and it looked good, but it reminds me too much of the icrap. A woman was buying the pebble blue one from sprint and it looked kind of purple. I don't want the purple look.

What does everyone here think? Does the blue look too much like purple?

Oh, I'm on verizon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I like my blue one. I personally don't like white phones

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Synergy

Default Re: White vs. Blue S3

The blue does look a bit blurple in certain lighting conditions. I went to a local store to check them out in person and kind of regret not getting the blue. Both look great though, it's all a matter of personal preference.

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

I have the Blue one. In reality it looks more gray than blue but I like that the fake chrome trim around the phone doesn't catch the eye like the on the white one.

Well, really only you can decide this one. How it looks to us shouldnt make any difference. I was going to get a blue one, and went to a BB and they only had the Sprint models on display. (ATT were only on presale the day I was there). I also thought the blue looked very purple, so I got a white one. But I sure wouldnt buy a phone on how you think it looks. So, get what is pleasing to your eye, youre the one who has to look at it everyday.
    robnelle likes this.

It does look a bit purple in certain light. But it isn't a "bad" or "girly" kind of purple if that is your worry. Also, you will probably be better off casing whichever option you decide on. The device is super slippery. I made sure to not leave Sprint without one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Well I got the white one and it looks great, especially with all the sweet cases I brought.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Apparently I am not exposed to this certain kind of light.... I think the pebble blue is more gun metal than anything else...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pebble blue though I would have preferred matte black and stainless steel.

Quote Originally Posted by smooches680 View Post
    Well I got the white one and it looks great, especially with all the sweet cases I brought.

What case did you get?

Got the white... it does look like an apple product, side by side with my wife's 4s.

I like it better than the pebble blue.

I got the case mate case with the little stand. It was the beat among the cases available in our watt store.

I got a screen protector too but I'm regretting it since I cannot see under the sun because of the matte finish of the protector.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

I think it's pretty stupid that Samsung didn't make the phone in black. But the pebble blue looks okay, I prefer it much more over the white. I agree it looks more grey than blue, and kind of has a metallic look.

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

Buy whatever is available and put a cover on it. I bought a blue one but either would have been ok with me.

R

I was dead set on getting the white one, but they were so hard to find on Tmobile when they were first released. So I got the blue one because I was using a crapy rental phone. Long story short, the blue grew on me and I am not going to exchange it for the white.

Like everyone else said, the color changes due to the lighting around you, you will have a case, and it is your choice in the end
    I have no idea what I am doing

Prefer the pebble blue myself. Got that one

Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post

I got a screen protector too but I'm regretting it since I cannot see under the sun because of the matte finish of the protector.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    I dont think its your screen protector. I dont think the screen looks that great in direct sunlight. Not a deal killer for me whatsoever, my Captivate Glide was not good either. Overall I think HTC makes screens that are easier to see in direct sunlight. My Desire Z was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatti20 View Post
    Apparently I am not exposed to this certain kind of light.... I think the pebble blue is more gun metal than anything else...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I wonder if the various carrier variants are slightly different color (re: Pebble Blue). I though the PB looked purple (I only saw a Sprint version), and many of you report its more blue or grey. My only concern with white is getting it dirty, but I refuse to put a case on it.

I chose white because I compared the two in-store and the blue seemed to have a strange silver/purple tint to it that I didn't like. And I swore for the longest that I'd never have a white phone. It looks really nice with a black case around the edges.
    Alfonsca likes this.
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

I got the pebble blue, and I'm in the "it looks more gray than purple" camp. To me, it seems like a bluish brushed metal color. I think it looks great. I still haven't seen a white one in person...just doesn't interest me.

I also got the blue. In some lighting it does look purple or gray. But for me I like the fact that it seems different colors in different lighting. The only thing about the blue is you are somewhat limited on the color of cases you can get.

I think Samsung did an amazing job with color choices. The blue seems to change colors under certain lighting and the white is just clean and crisp.

While the white is reminiscent of the icrap, I got it anyway because all the other phones I've owned in the past were darker colors.

Quote Originally Posted by yoon82 View Post
    I think Samsung did an amazing job with color choices. The blue seems to change colors under certain lighting and the white is just clean and crisp.

While the white is reminiscent of the icrap, I got it anyway because all the other phones I've owned in the past were darker colors.
    Same, theyre pretty nice colors and I just got the white because I've only had black phones before. The blue looks like periwinkle from the side but otherwise its a very nice color.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thanks for all your input. I ended up ordering the white, but may change it back to the blue once I receive my confirmation.

Also, what color case is everyone using with the blue S3?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I had the blue one for two days then decided to get the white one. I am very happy with my Decision. It may be cause I came from a white Iphone4. The white one feels classier IMO.

Sent from Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast