Car charger weirdness

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So I was charging my galaxy S3 today in the car and the entire time that it was charging, it was making a beeping noise OR (if it went into silent mode), a vibration. It wasn't constant. It would happen every 45 seconds to 90 seconds or so. If I shut the screen off, it would go away. Any idea why that was happening? Has it happened to anyone else?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I never use anything but OEM chargers with each new device. I was told by a rep that BB Torch and 9900 chargers could be used but I did not feel right about it. Look at what happened in the UK when the wrong charger was used. The wrong charger could allow too much current to pass through causing damage. All chargers are not equal even if the micro USB fits.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I never use anything but OEM chargers with each new device. I was told by a rep that BB Torch and 9900 chargers could be used but I did not feel right about it. Look at what happened in the UK when the wrong charger was used. The wrong charger could allow too much current to pass through causing damage. All chargers are not equal even if the micro USB fits.
Are you talking about the phone that supposedly blew up? If so, they found out that someone put it in a microwave. It had nothing to do with the charger.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the phone that supposedly blew up? If so, they found out that someone put it in a microwave. It had nothing to do with the charger.

Point taken. I am mistaken but I am correct about making the wrong choice in chargers.

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Point taken. I am mistaken but I am correct about making the wrong choice in chargers.

Regardless, I haven't ever had a problem with other non-OEM chargers, be they car or wall. Obviously this is a new phone so there are bound to be oddities but...this was VERY odd to me.

jfitts75

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
maybe a bad cord, it happened to me and i found that it was charging one second then not charging the next. that beep or vibration is probably the notification that it's charging.