Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Car charger weirdness

    So I was charging my galaxy S3 today in the car and the entire time that it was charging, it was making a beeping noise OR (if it went into silent mode), a vibration. It wasn't constant. It would happen every 45 seconds to 90 seconds or so. If I shut the screen off, it would go away. Any idea why that was happening? Has it happened to anyone else?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Car charger weirdness

    Were you using an OEM charger? You may have a defective unit.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Car charger weirdness

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    Were you using an OEM charger? You may have a defective unit.
    No but it was the same charger that I always used with my last phone. I wasn't aware of any issues with chargers.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Car charger weirdness

    I never use anything but OEM chargers with each new device. I was told by a rep that BB Torch and 9900 chargers could be used but I did not feel right about it. Look at what happened in the UK when the wrong charger was used. The wrong charger could allow too much current to pass through causing damage. All chargers are not equal even if the micro USB fits.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Car charger weirdness

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    I never use anything but OEM chargers with each new device. I was told by a rep that BB Torch and 9900 chargers could be used but I did not feel right about it. Look at what happened in the UK when the wrong charger was used. The wrong charger could allow too much current to pass through causing damage. All chargers are not equal even if the micro USB fits.
    Are you talking about the phone that supposedly blew up? If so, they found out that someone put it in a microwave. It had nothing to do with the charger.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Car charger weirdness

    Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Are you talking about the phone that supposedly blew up? If so, they found out that someone put it in a microwave. It had nothing to do with the charger.
    Point taken. I am mistaken but I am correct about making the wrong choice in chargers.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Car charger weirdness

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    Point taken. I am mistaken but I am correct about making the wrong choice in chargers.
    Regardless, I haven't ever had a problem with other non-OEM chargers, be they car or wall. Obviously this is a new phone so there are bound to be oddities but...this was VERY odd to me.
  8. #8  
    jfitts75's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    ROM
    ROM: Stock JB 4.1.1

    Default Re: Car charger weirdness

    maybe a bad cord, it happened to me and i found that it was charging one second then not charging the next. that beep or vibration is probably the notification that it's charging.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jfitts75 View Post
    maybe a bad cord, it happened to me and i found that it was charging one second then not charging the next. that beep or vibration is probably the notification that it's charging.
    This

Posting Permissions