GS3 has THE worst auto-correction on the keyboard.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Swiftkey. I have had it for a few days now. It definitely appears better than the stock keyboard and I don't seem to miss swype as much as I thought I would. It is amazing how the SwiftKey predictive text feature works. The keys are much bigger in landscape mode and I can really fly. This is especially cool since I am coming from a physical keyboard on my 9810.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

LeafsNSox

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I hated the S3 keyboard when I first got it and downloaded a few to try.

The one that I like the best JellyBean Keyboard (AOSP). It is very fast and responsive, the auto-correct works great and it is very easy to get used to typing on. Only downside I find is it is not SWYPE capabale; but if I want something I can SWYPE on there is always SWYPE Beta available.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Swift key is my all time favorite can't use anything else its perfect in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gordonzhao

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think CooTek's TouchPal is the best keyboard out there. I can safely say I can type as fast on it as I would on my Bold 9900 with the physical keyboard. And swipe up and down actions make life a lot easier as well as word deletion by the swipe of the backspace key.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
The latest swype is awesome. You can tap or swype to type. The voice input is very good as well.
Good auto correct as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have download the jellybean keyboard. Its so much better than the original siii keyboard
I am glad I have been reading these pages getting all this good info :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Samsung's auto-correction sucks so bad because it doesn't auto-correct after punctuation or spaces. They should use Android's dictionary, not their own. The priority should be set for the corrected word not the custom word, and if you want to add your custom word, you should press it before making a space or punctuation like how Android does it. Samsung didn't reinvent the wheel here, they made it worst.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i prefer my keyboard to "smart learn" words from scratch for a couple months so it learns my slang and shorthand (which i try not to use on this site) :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

trusktr

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i prefer my keyboard to "smart learn" words from scratch for a couple months so it learns my slang and shorthand (which i try not to use on this site) :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I also like to make the keyboard learn my slang, but I prefer the method in Android's keyboard over Samsung's Galaxy S3 Keyboard.

The Jelly Bean Keyboard by johntanmi is unbeatable in my opinion. It's way better than Galaxy S3's keyboard in my humble opinion.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i use Smart Keyboard Pro basicly because ive never learned to type qwerty and its the best oldskool t9 format keyboard ive found :)
the dev response is non-existant though so in this case i wish id just kept the cracked version

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey keyboard has the BEST auto correct... It even shockingly knows what you wanna type before u type it... It's almost creepy yet awesome

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Starpower11

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Using a GS3 for the time being and find that the Jelly Bean 4.1 Keyboard/system I have has NO Auto-correct/word-prediction, and it's driving me nuts! I have to literally type words out and it doesn't auto-correct them AT ALL. The only thing it gives me is that non-intelligent "prediction/fill" under the text box that I have to actually click to incorporate (i.e not "auto"). Am I totally missing how to turn auto-correct on? I've looked everywhere on the phone and can't find an option for this.

On the iPhone's I'm used to, I can literally swipe gibberish however the keyboard's intelligent enough to figure out what I'm trying to say and incorporates it on its own. Having this same feature on my GS3 would make life a lot easier right now! Any help would be very appreciated.

EDIT: So in Settings, it shows that I'm using the "Samsung Keyboard", but it's using Googles's Voice Typing. It has the new Google Voice-To-Text and everything. Does this mean the Samsung Keyboard doesn't support the Auto-Correct feature?

Last edited:

gmiterek

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the beta of Jelly Bean keyboard on a stock ICS 4.0.4 and it works great. I'm actually using the swipe feature of it as I'm typing this and it works great

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

How do you get your keyboard to smart learn???

Starpower11

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Problem with a 3rd party keyboard like Swifkey is that it apparently uses a considerable amount of extra energy/battery? Would be nice is the built-in Keyboards were actually even decent so we wouldn't have to rely on 3rd party Apps sucking extra energy out of the phone!