Smart Stay Alternative

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The idea behind Smart Stay is good. The feature is intermittent at best. I had an app on my Droid X that I really liked and finally found it again. It is called Keep Screen. It is free and available in the Play Store. What it does, is keep an app open if you are using it. It bypasses the screen time out function. It is entirely customizable. You select from a list of all your apps or functions. I use it when I am doing emails or other things like checking weather, etc. I find it very useful. I turned off Smart Stay.

Reactions: robnelle

robnelle

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion.Smart Stay doesn't work worth a crap for me - no matter what lighting conditions. The little eye comes up in the notification bar and then the screen goes dim. The little eye comes on again...and then the screen turns off. Utterly useless. Every now and then, it picks up that I am looking at it and the screen stays on but it's more the exception than the rule. I hope Samsung releases an update for Smart Stay that will improve it's performance. I am happy with this phone, but there are a few very notable disappointments. Smart Stay is definitely one of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12