Issue with LED indicator

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
anyone else having an issue with their LED indicator always being on? i have tried everything from clearing all notifications turning all led indicators options off, rebooting, etc. i have the options for led light indicator for charging phone, missed messages, and low battery all unchecked. however, my led inidcator still turns on by itself and instead of being blue or red is a rainbow like color! do i have a defective phone or is this happening to other people as well? is this a known issue?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Lightflow is not currently working for the US GS3, they are working on a patch for it.

I wish I had an answer for your problem...:-\

dwfarris

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
anyone else having an issue with their LED indicator always being on? i have tried everything from clearing all notifications turning all led indicators options off, rebooting, etc. i have the options for led light indicator for charging phone, missed messages, and low battery all unchecked. however, my led inidcator still turns on by itself and instead of being blue or red is a rainbow like color! do i have a defective phone or is this happening to other people as well? is this a known issue?

My wife is having the same thing happen...a rainbow color light stays on while idle. Did you figure this out yet?

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
My LED lights up whenever there is a wifi network available. Even at home, when I automatically log in, the light will go on until I press on the name of the network in the pulldown screen. After that, it goes out.

Is that what's going on with you?

dwfarris

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok I sent a post about my wife having this same issue with the rainbow color light staying on and we have figured it out. It's YAHOO MAIL!!! Whenever you get mail in your yahoo inbox it comes on and stays on until you check your mail in the app. :D

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's yahoo mail, but going to yahoo mail settings and turn off notification in there.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S3

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
My LED lights up whenever there is a wifi network available. Even at home, when I automatically log in, the light will go on until I press on the name of the network in the pulldown screen. After that, it goes out.

Is that what's going on with you?

i wish it was that simple, i fixed the issue with a factory reset, but the original issue was a rainbow colored light that was always on, even after i cleared all notifications, turned off all led options, etc. anyway, i hope i fixed the issue with the factory reset

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem but I had lightflow installed and it would always stay green when my screen was off even when I had no green choice selected. Just deleted the app and it solved the problem but I hope it gets fixed soon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
i wish it was that simple, i fixed the issue with a factory reset, but the original issue was a rainbow colored light that was always on, even after i cleared all notifications, turned off all led options, etc. anyway, i hope i fixed the issue with the factory reset

The problem is the wifi notification, the s3 always sent a notification for some reason. To let you know that you can turn wifi on, when your screen goes off, you will have the bright mix color solid led. If you pull down the notification you will see "tap to turn wifi on" If you tap this notification and turn your screen off, the bright color led should be gone. I have this same problem.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
The problem is the wifi notification, the s3 always sent a notification for some reason. To let you know that you can turn wifi on, when your screen goes off, you will have the bright mix color solid led. If you pull down the notification you will see "tap to turn wifi on" If you tap this notification and turn your screen off, the bright color led should be gone. I have this same problem.

Sorry but that is incorrect. I don't have to do this and I don't have a solid LED. The problem is an app (it can differ - for me my Twitter client was doing it) giving you an alert, and instead of flashing the LED, theres a glitch where it just keeps it solid. Also keep in mind that this notification is ONLY on Verizon models not all S3's.

have to agree I un installed light flow and now the light is gone... I really love that app. I hope it gets fixed soon.

If you have a US phone, then thats why. Lightflow is not working correctly YET on US versions

caboose1122

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I had the same problem. My blue LED light was on constantly while the phone screen wAs turned off. What worked for me: go into advanced wifi settings, and turn off alert me when an open WiFi network is available. You can turn it back on afterwards, but this should solve the problem.

rodneydwade

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Just bought the Samsung galaxy 3 and loving it. But have been trying to figure out the light flow lite app. I have been watching a few YouTube videos about it but still the same issues. Firstly the Led indicator that is supposed to be in,setting ,under device is never there.the second issue is when I change to colors the colors sometime change and after awhile change back to the original color of blue.
Please help.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what version of s3 you using mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

silkyjay

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I was having a similar issue. All notification indicators where turned off (charging, low battery, messages, etc.) and still I would have this blue LED indicator as if I have missed some event. It turned out that it was trying to tell me that there are Wi-Fi networks available. As soon as I connected to one of the networks the blue LED was no longer! YAY! This is what solved it for me, hope that helps everyone. :cool:

Alex Bodnaru

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
hope to help:
i've just found the reason for my permanent blue indicator:
i have handcent sms, and had one unread sms.
there was no active notification.
opening the contact's messages marked the sms read and turned off the blue led.

alex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87