Notifications - You have to be kidding

BTFrench

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have just switched from a Blackberry which I have had for 3 years. I love the Galaxy III but you have to kidding. I cannot believe the phone will not vibrate for SMS and e-mail notifications. This is a deal breaker for me. I have looked at the forums for hours and a can't seem to find a fix. I got my phone to vibrate but nothing else. I have to get off the lock screen to see anything. IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. Is there something I am missing????

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not sure which carrier you got but on my Verizon S3 if I go to Settings>Sound I get this:
screenshot2012070920112.png

I would guess Sound and Vibration should work. Plus, the Vibration intensity has three different options for ringtone, notifications, and haptic feedback so you can change the intensity of the vibration for each.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there something I am missing????

Probably. I don't have my phone yet, but that stuff should be possible since my old Android EVO does vibrations and lock screen notifications. Of course, I am using widgets for unread emails and Go SMS for texts which display a popup....

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Try going into the settings menu for Messaging and Gmail, or which ever mail app you're using, and you'll see an area to change your notifications settings. That should do it. With Android, when in doubt, hit the menu button.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have just switched from a Blackberry which I have had for 3 years. I love the Galaxy III but you have to kidding. I cannot believe the phone will not vibrate for SMS and e-mail notifications. This is a deal breaker for me. I have looked at the forums for hours and a can't seem to find a fix. I got my phone to vibrate but nothing else. I have to get off the lock screen to see anything. IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. Is there something I am missing????

Make sure the sound and vibration is in. Mine does both

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You can also install Light Flow and customize your LED***, notifications, vibrate very similar to what BerryBuzz provided on BB.

Note that the USA version of the SIII currently has a major bug with Light Flow that basically screws up your LED until you uninstall it. They are working on a fix. I have kept it installed just for the other customizations and ignored my LED for the time being.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2